Php_value error in shared hosting

I just tried to initially install the newest version Nextcloud, but I got an “500 internal server error” when I clicked to the “Next” button after the install had finished.

In my error_log, I find three lines concerning this:

[Thu Jul 27 14:44:06 2017] [error] [client …] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant CURLOPT_CERTINFO - assumed ‘CURLOPT_CERTINFO’ in /home/www/web68/html/setup-nextcloud.php on line 196
[Thu Jul 27 14:44:06 2017] [error] [client …] PHP Warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/www/web68/html/setup-nextcloud.php on line 196
[Thu Jul 27 14:46:35 2017] [alert] [client …] /home/www/web68/html/nextcloud/.htaccess: php_value not allowed here

The first two lines were already seen on top of the screen where I clicked to “Next”.

I googled after this and searched also here in the forum, but did not find concrete info how to solve the problem.

Maybe my web hoster (hoststar.ch) does not allow an installation of a cloud at all? I also tried with Owncloud (but would prefer Nextcloud), but I got the same error.

So “php -r ‘phpinfo();’ | grep -i curl” shows curl is installed and activated?

Yes, phpinfo() (called in a .php file, as I have no terminal access to that shared hosting) shows that curl 7.48.0 is enabled and also some lines with more info about curl.

Hello HB9ERD,
Did you solve this issue? I have exactly the same problem.