PHP errors on fresh NC18 install (CentOS 8, PHP 7.4.2)

Hello all,
just wonder why I’m getting LOT of PHP errors in Log on a fresh nc 18 installation.
OS: CentOS 8 with Apache/2.4.37 and PHP 7.4.2. SELinux enabled and getting “All checks passed.” on Security & setup warnings.
Here’re the errors:

Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/leafo/scssphp/src/Compiler.php#5230

Function ldap_control_paged_result() is deprecated at /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php#310

Function ldap_control_paged_result_response() is deprecated at /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php#75

I just followed the installation guide here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/example_centos.html

I hope that today’s update would solve one of them, but unluckily not.
Does anyone is experiencing the same thing?
Thank you in advance for any tips.

Gabriele

Are you sure that these are errors and not warnings? Afaik, the deprecated-messages are only informal to point-out that the used user_ldap module will need some code changes in the future.

Thank you j-ed for your prompt reply! I agree with you on the ldap module; it needs to be superseded. But the vast majority of log flooding messages are of type “Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/leafo/scssphp/src/Compiler.php#5230”. I know that it’s for SCSS, but I can’t figure out why these messages are coming with all the software up to date. All of these log items are reported in NextCloud web page as Errors and not Warnings or Informational or Debug…

1 Like

Unfortunately you’ve decided to post an incomplete message but it might be related to these posting and issue ticket: