Permission denied connecting to nextcloud VM through HAproxy

I think I have read half the internet on this issue and cant solve my problem. Can anyone help?

I have loaded up the hansenIT nextcloud applicance and have it running fine and can access locally on the VM ip
I have another VM running opnsense with the HAproxy plugin which is currently serving my Emby site with no issues.
I have setup another backend to pass requests from cloud.domain.com to the nextcloud internal ip.
error in log is:

2022-05-18T05:00:05 Emergency haproxy backend cloud has no server available!
2022-05-18T05:00:05 Alert haproxy Server cloud/Cloud is DOWN, reason: Layer4 connection problem, info: “General socket error (Permission denied)”, check duration: 0ms. 0 active and 0 backup servers left. 0 sessions active, 0 requeued, 0 remaining in queue.

I have tried with Nginx and have the same issue. I feel something is blocking access in the VM but I just cant figure what, I have checked for SElinux (disabled), added opnsense ip to trusted proxies in the .conf file etc

nothing seems to work, im wondering if it could be something to do with https, I have not run the TLS script thats included as I have already got a cert for my subdomain thats applied in HAproxy.

Thanks