PDF don't open after NC upgrade to 28.0.2

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 28.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.52
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1

The issue you are facing:
After upgrading to NC 28, I get multiple errors with ONLYOFFICE and Community_documentserver. Text files and Excel files work fine, but PDFs fail to get thumbnails and are not loading. Here is a common log entry for the error:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Upgrade to NC 28.0.2
  2. Open PDf file

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
|Error|onlyoffice|ServerExceptionServer error: GET https://local_ip_/index.php/apps/documentserver_community/open/165454786//convert.jpeg resulted in a 500 Internal Server Error response: <hea (truncated…)

Failed to download thumbnail

and

Error index
NotFoundException
/appdata_ocenpeje4c9w/documentserver_community/doc_165454786/convert.jpeg

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

Ok. I worked around PDF display by switching OFF OnlyOffice tick next to PDF as preferred viewer, but I still have errors when trying to access PDF thumbnails. Strange enough thumbnail errors only apply to PDFs…

I have same problem , however it works on local environment which is span with Docker but not on AWS EC2

ServerException
Server error: GET https://thecloud7.co.uk/index.php/apps/documentserver_community/open/2119620550//convert.jpeg resulted in a 500 Internal Server Error response: <head (truncated…)