Path to external FTP storage files

Hi,

my scanner uploads all scans to a folder on an FTP Server (unfortunately, I can`t manage to get the FTP account, which I created on the Nextcloud server running).

I added this target FTP Server of the scanner within the external storage section in Nextcloud.

But:
These files will not show up in Nextcloud. Only after an occ files:scan.

I surely can set up a cron job doing occ files:scan for my user account all 5 mins, but having many many files, this will take more than 5 mins.

My idea was to limit the occ files:scan only to the path of this external files.

But what is this path? I can`t find it…

Can anyone help?

Thanks

The path you’ll need to enter is to the folder’s mount location within Nextcloud, rather than within your host filesystem. If user ‘bob’ has access to the share ‘Uploads’, then the Nextcloud mount location is “/bob/files/Uploads”, per the admin docs.

Here’s what a similar scheduled scan looks like on my Ubuntu install with sudo crontab -e -u www-data:

# m h  dom mon dow   command
*/5 * *   *   *     php /var/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan -p /mactrent/files/smbshare
1 Like

Worked, thanks.
I know about the path, but was unsure what to enter for shares, because they do not appear in the filesystem