OwnCloud 10.0.2 to NextCloud 12.0.0

Hey guys,

Iā€™m having an issue trying to manually upgrade from OC 10.0.2 to NC 12.0.0 and the migrator isnā€™t compatible with OC 10.0.1+.

Is there any word on the migrator getting updated? Iā€™ve read through many topics and seems as there are multiple people having these issues. It appears as the NextCloud is at this point superior to OwnCloud and Iā€™ve already purchased multiple instances of the NextCloud iOS app for myself and my family (previously purchased the OwnCloud app for them as well) but I canā€™t do the merge until thereā€™s a stable way to do so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alek

Iā€™d suggest to wait for Nextcloud 12.0.1 which will be released soonish:

All the apps should work with both Nextcloud and ownCloud, so there should be no problem in waiting a couple of days.

Still waiting lol, all I need is an small update so I can merge over.

12.0.1 is planned to be released on july 18th:

Excellent! Hope itā€™ll have the support for OC10.0.1 migration

July 23th and still cannot convert my OwnCloud installation to NextCloud. Starting to debate if itā€™s even worth switching over.

Yes, there are a few deadlines delayed. Probably a few people are on holidays. Iā€™m not close enough to all the planning to tell you when you can expect a solution.

Well, 26 of July seems to be the new date. Hopefully it will be released thenā€¦

July 26thā€¦ holding my breath lol

FYI - https://download.nextcloud.com/server/prereleases/ -> scroll to the bottom :wink:

sssht, not yet announced, but I just updated my private server and all is goodā€¦ Ofc it is still a release candidate, not final. But hey, good enough for me :wink:

is there an APT repo with pre-releases?

@jospoortvliet I think the release schedule might need an update. :grin:

Im am on Owncloud 10.0.2.1, I tried:

*and the version found in the current github repository (I can only provide two links in my message).

All say either ā€œCould not determine migration path to Nextcloud.ā€ or ā€œNo update available.ā€.

Do I need to wait, perform a hack, etcā€¦ ?

Same here - no way to migrate from Owncloud. The migrator php is still the same - i would have expected a new versionā€¦

There are still problems with migration from OC 10 to NC 12. Current discussion moved to: