Hey everybody :slight_smile:

Nextcloud version (eg, 24.0.1): 24.0.9
Talk Server version (eg, 14.0.2): 14.0.8
Custom Signaling server configured: No
Custom TURN server configured: Yes
Custom STUN server configured: Yes

In case the web version of Nextcloud Talk is involved:
Operating system (eg, Windows/Ubuntu/…): Windows 10
Browser name and version (eg, Chrome v101): Chrome 109.0.5414.120, Edge 109.0.1518.70

The issue you are facing:

Whenever I or someone else shares their entire screen with audio, the person watching the shared screen can hear their own voice, like the person’s PC who shares the screen also shares their voice. Sort of like an echo. It is not because someone uses speakers, because the voices are very clear, and turning off the speakers/switching to headphones does not solve the issue.

I have also tried disabling my STUN/TURN server and using nextcloud’s service. The issue remains.

Also, this does not happen, when sharing a tab with audio. Then it’s fine.
Happens for Chrome and Edge. Can’t replicate in Firefox because there is no “share audio” option.

Steps to replicate it:

1. Start a Talk call with someone.
  2. Have them share their entire screen with audio enabled.
  3. Speak and listen to the echo of your own voice.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging or errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/:

Host 192.168.xxx.xxx was not connected to because it violates local access rules

Any ideas that could fix this would be appreciated. This has been happening since, I believe, Nextcloud version 23. I have been hoping for a fix through an update ever since, but that hasn’t happened yet.

Best wishes.