Open_basedir on 32bit system [solved]

I am trying to install nextcloud 13.0.5-1.0 on 32bit archlinux. When I point my browser to installation wizard,
I get the warning on open_basedir. However, if I comment out the line in /etc/httpd/conf/extras/nextcloud.conf on open_basedir as is suggested by this post, then pointed to installation wizard, my browser shows a blank page. What can I do?

Editted several hours later : it turned out that open_basedir was set in /etc/php/php.ini. :blush:

The correct solution is not to delete the open_basedir setting, but to put the correct path in it. This can be done with a php_admin_value in your virtual host, or if you use php_fpm, in the fpm pool.

Hello @eehmke… I’m installing NextCloud with Nginx in a Raspberry Pi 3…

I’ve found I can comment this line:
open_basedir = "/var/www/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom/:/var/www/nextcloud"

…found in the file /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini

After this, NextCloud seems to be OK to proceed with the installation… But I think this can bring security issues.

Can you please give me more information of what you mean by “… to put the correct path in it”??

I would really appreciate that.

Thanks!

Just that: put exactly the paths into open_basedir that you need. I would remove /var/www.

“I can comment” does this mean that line in php.ini has a # sign in front? Than it is not actve anyway.
My installation works with php_fpm, and my open_basedir assignments are in
/etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/www-nextcloud.conf. The line looks like this:

php_admin_value[open_basedir] = “/var/www/nextcloud:/var/lib/nextcloud/data:/dev/urandom:/proc/meminfo:/tmp”