Onlyoffice simply does not work at all

Hi,

I want to use Onlyoffice. Following the documention, it should be sufficient to install and activate

• Community Document Server and
  • ONLYOFFICE

So I installed both and activated them. But when I click any Office document, say, odt or docx, it gets downloaded instead of opened in the browser

Nextcloud Hub 24, php7.4-fpm, no docker involved.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

We need a lot more information to be able to help you:

Where is your nextcloud running? (VPS/Raspy/Webspace)
What OS / way auf setup?
What does the OnlyOffice settings page show you?
Is there anything in the logs? (apache? nextcloud?)

Hi @janedoe,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

Please also confirm your server specs. They might not meet the minimum requirements for onlyoffice.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.

NC running on a VPS (for years now)
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Apache 2.4.53, php-fpm

Nothing related in the logs (Apache, php, NC)

For the settings page: I thought that this is only relevant when Onlyofffice runs in a docker environment?

Link to the settings

What are your server specs for onlyoffice?
Same server as nextcloud?

Why did you change the serveradress of OnlyOffice? Should not be “rainer” if you want to use the community document server…

The community document server will automatically configure itself if no other document server is configured in the ONLYOFFICE settings (“Document Editing Service address” is empty). All other “Server settings” should be left empty.

Seen here: How to install ONLYOFFICE in Nextcloud Hub - Nextcloud

And setting the secret is not supported by the community document server…

Maybe this helps: https://www.andysblog.de/nextcloud-onlyoffice-mit-integriertem-community-document-server-nutzen (german)