ONLYOFFICE not reached. Please contact admin and Error trying to connect

Hello,

I installed nextcloud on a shared hosting. So far so good. Onlyoffice seems installed but I can not validate the information it asks me about Document Editing Service address (error to try to connect on the administration page)

Localhost does not work. 127.0.0.1 does not work.

I have searched but the information seems to talk about installing on VPS and so I do not have the same configuration of files and directories.

Thank you for your help. It’s been 4 hours that I’m on this problem.

Regards

Without further information about your config it is hard to guess. To me it sounds like you’re trying to use Onlyoffice on same machine like Nextcloud? This doesnn’t work. It must be a different host.

I am running Onlyoffice & Nextcloud on different machines each with a different subdomain: office.mydomain.de (Onlyoffice) and cloud.mydomain.de (Nextcloud).

If you’re using hosted servers or VPS you should consider, that they might be isolated from each other only accessible by their public IPs.

Hello,

Thank you for this quick response.

I’m on a hosted server (php 5.6 linux but i know no more;))

Effectively I have a cloud.mydomain.com for nextcloud

I automatically installed onlyoffice so it is in
cloud.mydomain.com/apps/onlyoffice

This is what I say in the configuration but it does not work.

How do I solve the problem?

Move the onlyoffice directory to another subdomain and populate this new subdomain in the onlyoffice settings?

thanks a lot for your help

Onlyoffice needs an own host. It doesn’t work in a subdirectory.

I have another domain name on the same hosting with the same ip address fixed. Can it work?

Yes, that can work. I have the same setup. NC and Onlyoffice on one server, with same IP, but different domain names:
cloud.xy.com
office.xy.com

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

So I have
-cloud.nc.com
-office.nc.com

In cloud.nc.com I have all the files of nextcloud

In office.nc.com I just have a directory with onlyoffice

In the onlyoffice settings (in the nextcloud admin)
I have

Document Editing Service address
office.nc.com/onlyoffice

I put the same thing in Advanced server settings

But it still does not work.

Thanks by advance for your help

I think it needs to configure requests from cloud.nc.com to office.nc.com (you need to configure ngnix i suppose), also you can try this installation of NC and OO. It’s based on Docker for one server.

Thank you.
I will try this but as it is a shared hosting, I do not have access to the command lines to install.
That is my problem.
I can not find the solution anywhere to install into a directory.
I try in the evening and I keep you informed.

Well I get to nothing.
I guess it’s due to shared hosting

Help please :wink:

Hi,

I don’t know how it should be possible to install something, if you don’t have access to the command line, but imagine that you just forward install instructions to who has access, here is a guide that you can follow:

It contains all the details for what to configure and set up, to have Onlyoffice run on your nextcloud server.

One important thing you have to check is, if REDIS (if installed) is running on a socket or as service on a port. For that check your nextcloud/config/config.php. For the usage with Onlyoffice on the same server you need:

'redis' =>
  array (
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'port' => 6379,
    'timeout' => 0,
    'dbindex' => 0,
  ),

If you have ‘port’ => 0 then reconfigure redis in its config to run on port 6379 as Onlyoffice needs that.
Apart from that the Guide above explains everything and helped me successfully running both services on one machine.

Thanks for your help :wink:

I’m looking for.