Onlyoffice documents not saved in NextCloud

Hello,
I know that this post is not the first. And this issue may be resolved by the developpers. I recently install onlyoffice with onlyoffice and document server applications :

But, as has already been said, edits with onlyoffice are not saved on nextcloud. You have to open you file with onlyoffice to see edits.

So, Where does onlyoffice save edits ? I want to know that because im concerned about integrity data. Do you think i can loose my data ?

Doesn’t someone have this problem? What is his configuration on Onlyoffice (with the web interface)?

I have already tried using Ajax rather than cron and I have disabled versionning

Thanks,
Bastien

This app is basically broken and should not be used, it does not save the files properly. This has not been fixed for 2.5 months so I think the app has been abandoned by Nextcloud devs.

Your best bet is to install OnlyOffice separately with docker for instance.

2 Likes

Standalone non-docker OnlyOffice 5.4 server also works…

I finally installed collabora online with Docker (I wanted to install without Docker but it was a fail). I’m waiting for the update of onlyoffice that will solve the problem, I dont want to install onlyoffice with or without docker while there is an application)

With the latest “developments” I wouldn’t expect the issues in the
Nextcloud+OnlyOffice duo to be high on either party priority list.

Users’ modus operandi should be “hack it or drop it”…

2 Likes

Got some updates!

Edits are saved in the MySQL/MariaDB Table oc_documentserver_changes

Cron is the better workaround. When it’s set to one minute it sometimes take 3 mins to write the file.

And the bad news:
The next version of ONLYOFFICE ruins all. From the Web/App is editing no longer possible.

1 Like

I saw oc_documentserver_changes and if you are sure that edits are in this table its ok. I don’t understand how it works, you have a column “change” with data like that :
ex78;AgAAADEA//8BAMkNCi0OEQAALQEAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA9v///xwAAAA1AC4ANAAuADIALgA0ADYALgBAAEAAUgBlAHYA

I think that there is no link between cron and this issue.

Where do you see a new version of ONLYOFFICE ???

You missed the elephant in the room…:wink:

Since going forward editing documents in Community Server on Nextcloud is disabled I don’t think the current issues will ever get fixed…

1 Like

Oh… Sorry but im not English and it may be difficult for me to follow. So, I don’t really understand what is paid. I found free document server at this page :

I understood that the online edition was only available on mobile phones. But still available on a computer. Have I understood correctly?

Oui c’est bien ça.

Arf la page onlyoffice en français m’a trahi, je fais attention normalement. Je ne trouve pas ça bien grave, éditer un fichier sur un téléphone c’est pas très pratique. A part pour corriger une faute… Bref, c’est idéologique on me dira.
Les modifications non sauvées c’est plus gênant :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

OnlyOffice marche plutôt bien et consomme peu de resources sur le serveur.
Mais le coup de p**** qu’ils ont fait à Nextcloud, (qui a reçu la monnaie de sa pièce) montre qu’il ne faut jamais faire de partenariat avec ce genre de société de logiciel OpenCore.

Does anyone know how to (even manually) force OnlyOffice to commit changes to Nextcloud?

I know that they are kept in database, i know that api exists etc. but I would like to have at least a hint where to search to try to force over 8000 changes to be finally saved.

I found this documentation it very useful
https://www.c-rieger.de/losungen-fur-bekannte-nextcloud-18-fehler/

to set them to 1 min
*/1 * * * * php -f /var/www/nextcloud/occ documentserver:flush; php -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

I don’t know if there is already an official solution

1 Like

@bastien Bonjour la France, connaîtriez-vous un lien vers un tuto le plus simple possible pour installer Collabora Online sur un serveur Nexcloud stp ?
J’ai essayé d’y installer OnlyOffice avec leur installeur hyper pratique… mais apparemment, il faut un nom de domaine obligatoire (ça ne marche pas avec un adresse IP), après, y a Docker, mais je n’ai jamais installé de Docker du coup je suis un peu largué.

Merci !

Non même Collabora a besoin d’un nom de domaine pour fonctionner.

1 Like

Merci. Ahhh, c’est terrible… peut-on au moins mettre Collabora dans un serveur type Raspberry, lui filer un nom de domaine (je connais une adresse où une freebox peut accessoirement lui servir gratuitement de nom de domaine), y installer Collabora, puis enfin le relier à Nextcloud sur mon autre serveur ?
Encore merci

Helas non Collabora ni Onlyoffice ne tournent sur du ARM.
Enfin regarde sur ce forum quelqu’un a réussi pour OnlyOffice mais c’est vraiment galère

1 Like

Merci, en lisant le lien que tu m’as envoyé, j’ai bien l’impression que c’est le serpent qui se mord la queue.
On veut une solution clé en main -> impossible pour nom de domaine -> passage sur un arm -> compliqué à mettre en place (des ajustements script et wrapper qui risque de cause bien des soucis en cas de chagement de domaine / password / mise à jour).

La collaboration bureautique sur Nextcloud n’est pas pour aujourd’hui, tant pis

Vraiment avoir un nom de domaine c’est pas grand chose.
0,99€HT - 6,99€HT suivant le .ovh .fr .com ou autres et il existe des noms de domaines gratuits, je pense à no-ip il me semble.
C’est nécessaire car la lisaison entre NC et la plateforme Collabora ou Onlyoffice doit être chiffrée. Il est possible d’utiliser des certificats autosignés mais c’est encore plus de boulot pour le mettre en place qu’un véritable certificat LetsEncrypt.
Impossible de faire du certificat SSL avec simplement une IP.

Si tu veux tu peux me contacter en MP, je te donnerai accès à mon OnlyOffice. Mais il faut que ton Nextcloud soit en HTTPS avec un véritable certificat valide.

2 Likes