OnlyOffice / Document Server does not work

OMG! Such a simple trick. Works like a glance now. Thanks for figuring this out.

We are happy to hear that Schmu’s simple trick did solve it for you.

Unfortunately on two Nextcloud-servers we are managing (dedicated root-servers on Ubuntu 18.04, Apache 2.4.41 (mpm-event) , PHP 7.3.13 (FPM/FastCGI)) the “solution” is going nowhere.

The document server is not firing-up and a click on office-files is downloading them instead of opening the files for online editing.

Also an update to Community Document Server v0.1.2 does not solve the problem.

I did what @Schmu suggested. But unfortunately I still get this error: “(cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: onlyoffice-document-server (see http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html)”

Iam running NC 18.0.0 in a docker environment. What URLS do i have to fill in? I tried a few but no success so far…

Hi @anotherncuser

For some reason the address to your document server is not correct/ valid. I had the onlyoffice app installed before, installed the community server afterwards and that wrote the correct address into that field automatically.
The address should be like:
https://nextcloud.your-domain.de/apps/documentserver_community/

Your entries under “Erweiterte Servereinstellungen” don’t seem right as well.
Try this but adept to your domain:

I think installing of community document server should be dependent on onlyoffice connector, that means, the system should check its installation and active status, if not, to improve the state and install if necessary it.

1 Like

thats true and thus an issue about it was already filed on github

To close our problem within this thread: jsdfkljklj found the culprit which is the app Full text search - Files which doesn’t let OnlyOffice Community Edition start as it should.

After disabling “Full text search - Files” OpenOffice works as expected.

1 Like

Okay that is my Solution. But i also need FTS. I hope they can fix it

Deleting “Document Editing Service address” or appending “/apps/documentserver_community/” solved the issue.

Tried both, doesn’t work here. As soon as Full text search - Files is enabled OpenOffice is not working anymore.

Got the same error. None of the tricks mentioned here work. I run Nextcloud via the Webserver of my Synology NAS. At work, the Nextcloud and OnlyOffice instances on our Synology NAS don’t work as well.

I tried changing permissions for docbuilder and x2t (pre 1.0.2 fix), I tried saving the settings, I tried playing around with the URLs in the settings, nothing works. I get

“Community document server is not supported for this instance, please setup and configure an external document server”

all the time. That’s further away from “fully integrated, just works” than I ever could have imagined. And I was really hoping to find a great collaboration tool for our students at school.

Same here.
same error message “…not supported for this instance…”
interestingly, same setup : synology DSM, using webstation.

Might be an issue related to how synology’s DSM juggles with php versions ?
i’m not skilled enough to understand. apache logs and nextcloud logs show nothing.

onlyoffice app just refuses to launch.

Hi.

I’ve installed the update to NC18, downloaded the ONLYOFFICE Connector and teh Document Server and activated both.

When trying to open a new .docx (.xlsx …) i’m getting the message:
32 bit setups are not supported

Will there in the future be support for 32Bit? Or is there anything i can do? I do not own a vserver with root, only a shared hosting webspace.

errr. i don’t think so. 32bit is no more state of the art. since years already.

There’s now a new script which handles OnlyOffice without the need for a subdomain.

Just run this ans choose OnlyOffice:

Good evening,
First of all, thumbs up for the NC developers, they are doing great work!

I’m having the same issue as @Tamsy and the others but unfortunately, not using the Full text search - Files app…

So I tried all proposed solution in this thread (except the sh file because I don’t know where to proceed (where does the file need to be executed? in the folder where I execute occ normally?)

If somebody has a new solution proposal, I will try it as well.
In the mean time, patience is a good friend :slight_smile:

Thanks once more for the nice software!

Dear All,

I just installed the Community Document Server (after a manual download). When I try to connect, it says it can’t be reached, and gives me this log message:

OCA\DocumentServer\Document\DocumentConversionException: ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./x2t) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by ./libkernel.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by ./libkernel.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by ./libgraphics.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./libPdfWriter.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.17’ not found (required by ./libdoctrenderer.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./libdoctrenderer.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by ./libHtmlRenderer.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./libPdfReader.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by ./libDjVuFile.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./libXpsFile.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by ./libHtmlFile.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./libUnicodeConverter.so) ./x2t: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by ./libicuuc.so.58)

I contacted my ISP (Arvixe) and they said their server is running GLIBC based CentOS. The GLIBC version is 2.12-1.212.el6_10.3. I was wondering whether this is the problem, whether I need a higher version of GLIBC. Any opinions, suggestions?

Thanks.

I have the same issue. You need to install glibc-2.4 alongside with the existing glibc-2.12 version to not cause system conflicts, here is how:

mkdir ~/glibc_install; cd ~/glibc_install
wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/glibc-2.14.tar.gz
tar zxvf glibc-2.14.tar.gz
cd glibc-2.14
mkdir build
cd build
…/configure --prefix=/opt/glibc-2.14
make -j4
sudo make install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/glibc-2.14/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

The next step is to make the library path accessible for the .x2t routine, which I am currently investigating how to do or whether OnlyOffice has to be compiled with that library.

Many thanks for your reply! I’ll try this! - John

Hi where do I find the document server settings. Thanks.