Onlyoffice do not write back to nextcloud

Hello,

I habe a virtual machine with nextcloud 16 and a virtual machine with onlyoffice.
Also I have installes the OnlyOffice App and the documents are opend with onlyoffice.

But if I write content in the files and onlyoffice stores automatic, the content of the file do not store in the file in nextcloud.

Have everybody an idea why?
Thanks!

Hi Michael2222,

please set the log level in your config.php to 0 or 1 to get a clother look to mistakes or errors…

Regards

Should I change the log level in the virtuel machine from nextcloud or in the virtuell machine from onlyoffice? Or both?

The best way is to do it on both … :wink:

Do you have same conditions as of https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/onlyoffice-nextcloud/issues/118? if not, please provide a list of steps how to reproduce your issue and an relevant output of nextcloud.log (normally located inside of your data directory).

You may try to disable files_versions as workaround.

Hello timm2k,

no, I have not the same conditions as Issue 118: But my files are stored on a NAS.

If you mean that I deactivate the app “Versions”?
If yes, I have also the same problem.

If I open the document with OnlyOffice, I see the last changes.
If I open the same document via WebDAV, the changes are not included.

If I open the document with OnlyOffice, there a no entry in the log file.
Only if I access the file with WebDAV:

{"reqId":"gZWnSYX15eJ93nUYuo5h","level":1,"time":"2019-09-04T16:19:29+00:00","remoteAddr":"85.158.226.90","user":"michael","app":"admin_audit","method":"HEAD","url":"\/cloud\/remote.php\/webdav\/fre_temp\/test.docx","message":"Login successful: \"michael\"","userAgent":"Microsoft Office Word 2014","version":"16.0.3.0"}
{"reqId":"gZWnSYX15eJ93nUYuo5h","level":1,"time":"2019-09-04T16:19:30+00:00","remoteAddr":"85.158.226.90","user":"michael","app":"admin_audit","method":"HEAD","url":"\/cloud\/remote.php\/webdav\/fre_temp\/test.docx","message":"File accessed: \"\/fre_temp\/test.docx\"","userAgent":"Microsoft Office Word 2014","version":"16.0.3.0"}
{"reqId":"Hnq6w4lwpPjFzEv7tkif","level":1,"time":"2019-09-04T16:19:30+00:00","remoteAddr":"85.158.226.90","user":"michael","app":"admin_audit","method":"GET","url":"\/cloud\/remote.php\/webdav\/fre_temp\/test.docx","message":"File accessed: \"\/fre_temp\/test.docx\"","userAgent":"Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir\/10.0.18362","version":"16.0.3.0"}
{"reqId":"MxCPlPiLJFCCobAchQ6C","level":1,"time":"2019-09-04T16:19:30+00:00","remoteAddr":"85.158.226.90","user":"--","app":"admin_audit","method":"HEAD","url":"\/cloud\/remote.php\/webdav\/fre_temp\/test.docx","message":"Login attempt: \"michael\"","userAgent":"Microsoft Office Existence Discovery","version":"16.0.3.0"}

But somewhere the file must be saved, since the change with OnlyOffice exists !?
Thank you!

Hello @timm2k,

did you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks
Michael

Hi @Michael2222,

when you open a file via OnlyOffice app in Nextcloud the file is copied to the OO-server. In my setup the files in the folder /var/lib/onlyoffice/documentserver/App_Data/cache/. There is a Directory forgotten for all documents which were not saved back to Nextcloud.

If you know the Documents which were not saved back to Nextcloud you can simply open the documents again and use “File” -> “Download as…” in OnlyOffice.

If there are many documents in the forgotten folder you need to understand how the digit directory names are created. In former versions of onlyoffice app it was simply Nextcloud’s fileid. But this is dangerous since multiple Nextcloud instances can use same OnlyOffice server.

I hope these are enough informations to get your data back from your OnlyOffice instance.

Kind regards
Timm