One contact list, shared with many, only edited by an admin

Hello all,

I just have a quick question:

Is it possible to create a contact list and share it with mobile devices BUT as a read only list? I am trying to keep people from adding contacts to my contact list.

I am currently using a Raspberry Pi 3, external hard drive and the Ubuntu Snap image. It is up and running. I can use the mobile app for Android and DAVdroid for my contacts.

Thanks for reading,
Joe

After some reading, I have found that the contact portion of Nextcloud is a database. Now I’m really lost. haha. How do I share the database and still retain control of the contacts added?

If this is not a Nextcloud question or issue, please let me know. You won’t hurt my feelings.

Joe

GOT IT! I took a look at the website for the app. I had no idea that it was an app. for Nextcloud.

Super easy to share a contact list. When I get back home, I will edit this post with some links or instructions.

HUGE thank you to the developers of Nextcloud and all the people who support it.

Joe

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.