Old App menu in NC 12

Hello, I was wondering if it’s possible to change back to the original app menu in Nextcloud 12, or if I have to downgrade back to Nextcloud 11.

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): OpenSUSE Leap 42.2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.8.1
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.1.5
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Not applicable?

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): Yes?

The issue you are facing:

It doesn’t seem to be possible to switch back to the old style app menu in Nextcloud 12?

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Too big to paste here, if you need it, just ask.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => [REDACTED], 'passwordsalt' => [REDACTED], 'secret' => [REDACTED], 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'localhost', 1 => 'nextcloud.tmtvl.info', 2 => '45.76.34.54', ), 'datadirectory' => '/srv/www/nextcloud/data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.tmtvl.info', 'dbtype' => 'pgsql', 'version' => '12.0.0.29', 'dbname' => [REDACTED], 'dbhost' => [REDACTED], 'dbport' => [REDACTED], 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => [REDACTED]', 'dbpassword' => [REDACTED], 'installed' => true, 'mail_from_address' => [REDACTED], 'mail_smtpmode' => 'php', 'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN', 'mail_domain' => [REDACTED], ); The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: Too big to paste here, if you need it just ask. --- Remember, this information may be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

I’d specifically think over what causes you to hate the current menu:

• If it’s a usability problem or bug, simply file an issue in the server repo
  • If it’s purely a feeling try to get used to it

Downgrading won’t work anyway and if it’s an issue you are very likely not the only one that experiences it :wink: