OCM between Nextcloud and Seafile

Hello, everyone.

I’m a developer of Seafile and I’m developing file/folder sharing between Seafile and Nextcloud via OCM protocol.

I can share a file to Nextcloud now, but when user in Nextcloud open this file, Nextcloud will send this two requests to Seafile

1. PROPFIND /public.php/webdav/
  2. GET /status.php

My question is:

1. Is this two requests necessary?
  2. Can the uri /public.php/webdav/ and /status.php be changed to other string? As Seafile uses Python to implement the WebDAV protocol, NOT php.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

Hello, dev community chat at Nextcloud

Feel free to link your post there

Hi @lian-Seafile

Let me give you some background about the requests.

/status.php is requested to check if the server is a Nextcloud server, as there is some additional handling of checking if the share is still available.

There is currently no way to work around that, but maybe @bjoern can share some light what the reason for the special handling was and if that is something that would be possible with OCM already.

The URI of /public.php/webdav seems ot be the fallback in case that endpoint discovery does not return a value:

I could only find a reference in the proposal discussion, but this would be https://github.com/cs3org/OCM-API/pull/37

Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any further questions.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

So, this two api /status.php and /public.php/webdav are used specific for OCM share between Nextcloud servers?

Now Seafile can:

1, receive share from Nextcloud.
2, open shared file from Nextcloud on Seafile side.
3, share file to Nextcloud.

but when I try to let Nextcloud user can open shared file from Seafile on Nextcloud side, I encountered the problem.

How can I finish the last step without using /status.php or /public.php/webdav?