OCC commands not working anymore?

I updated my NC to version 26.0.1. I have seen these errors like these before:

• Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running “occ db:convert-filecache-bigint” those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this :arrow_upper_right:.
    • file_metadata.id

I in the past in would go to /var/www/nextcloud and ran this command

sudo -u www-data php occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

Normally this worked, but now i am getting unhandled exception and failed to connect to database.

I am running Debian 11.

Why doesn’t this occ command work anymore and how do i fix this?

Let me answer the way you asked:

your own answer:

With the only information “Debian 11” and “I updated my NC to version 26.0.1.” only clairvoyant people with a good crystal ball can give an appropriate answer to your question

If you expect help, you should at least make the effort to provide us with all the information. You didn’t even answer the pre-formulated questions, you simply deleted them.

You could create some debugging output. YOU are the administrator of your server and should feel like a fish in water on it.

If you would tell me what debugging output you need (and where i can find it) i would gladly supply it.

i thought “failed to connect to database” was or is pretty clear, plus i googled it a bit and OCC commands not working anymore after updating is something that apparently happens but the provided solutions didn’t do it for me. And because it happens now and then i hoped it would ring a bell for someone here.

But i apologize for being incomplete and or unclear. This wasn’t my intention.

I am more a Windows guy, i am trying to learn so i don’t see why this “YOU are the administrator of your server and should feel like a fish in water on it” would be obligated for a private at home learning setup.