Not able to sync from server and the dashboard looks weird

I installed nextcloud yesterday and everything was working fine till now. I was trying to setup an external HDD as the default storage and in setting that up NC created two folders on the server - appdata_oce2tw37jzvm and files_external. After enabling external storage as and suggested by another member here I didn’t to enable external storage and simply use the path of the mounted drive as the data folder. After all the setting up and syncing almost 52GB of data, this (screenshot) happens and none of the files are now syncing on another machine. How do I resolve this now?

Seems like a broken cache or corrupted files. Maybe a cp of all files from a nextcloud installation with the same version will renew the corrupted files.

After that recheck of file permissions hope that it works again:

cd /var/www/
chown -R www-data:www-data nextcloud
find nextcloud/ -type d -exec chmod 750 {} ;
find nextcloud/ -type f -exec chmod 640 {} ;

Yes Apache has read and write access to the nextcloud folders. Also all the permissions were set before the installation itself. So to renew it, I simply need to overwrite the installation of nextcloud under /var/www/?

yes.

Just do this:

cd /tmp
wget https://nextcloud/install/nextcloud 13.x.y.zip (whatever version you use :wink: )
unzip nextcloud.x.y.z.zip
mv nextcloud.x.y.z/ nextcloud/
cp -aR nextcloud /var/www/
cd /var/www/
chown -R www-data:www-data nextcloud
find nextcloud/ -type d -exec chmod 750 {} ;
find nextcloud/ -type f -exec chmod 640 {} ;

OK done. Now I see this. And running ./occ upgrade as instructed on the page just gives me a permission denied message.

Which version did you installed and which you copied over it?

Seems like you have upgraded manually to latest version. You should do it finally and carry out the update. But before that you should backup your data, inklusive you database and your config (/nextcloud/config/config.php) [How it stands on your screenshot].

Here are some more information from the documentation:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html

It was the same version. The original installation was just yesterday.

I also followed the instructions from the URL you’ve listed, restarted Apache and then tried refreshing the dashboard and this is what shows up.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

What is in the logs?

I needed to get this running so I just reinstalled everything. Syncing my data… again! :roll_eyes: