Not able to see new files or open older ones

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2):
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04):
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing:
It’s not an issue of mine but a friends, she can’t see new folders on the cloud from our school. She can see older ones but she can’t access them.
Also sorry if I’m doing this wrong I’m very new to this and I’m from Germany, tho my english is very good, I’m not uptodate with them technical terms, sry.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. Go on folder
  2. Go on file
  3. No access or it isn’t even shown

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Hello,
We need more logs
 Do you have a shell access ? Do you have access to the administrator account of NextCloud ?
Thanks

I’m not sure what logs are or a shell access to be honest, I’m sorry. But neither me or my friend have access to the administrater account, it’s managed by our school. Thank you for helping

hey @Vicky

welcome to the forum and thank you for your first participation. it’s very much appreciated.

i read and understood that you are writing here as a normal user of a nextcloud and thus you sadly can’t provide needed informations.

i’m afraid in this case you need to talk to your nextcloud-admin
 s/he would tell you what to do or look for any problems with their installation.

as this problem is appearing to one of your friends (and not to you) there’s one thing you could do: check out the differences between your computer and the one of your friend. not neccessarily hardware setup
 but softwares
 meaning: compare OS versions, nc-client version etc. if there are differences try to setup an environment comparable to your computer.

good luck

Okay thank you very much, I will make sure to tell her to seek support from a qualified teacher.
We use Nextcloud on our phones tho, she has an apple and I have an android. And I have informed myself a bit by now and since I’m not doing rhis on a computer I neither have access to the command line or shell access. Thank you for your help and your time

awww
 so it could go back to differences between android and ios. well this will be difficult to solve then, for you.

Maybe but I wouldn’t guess so, my friend isn’t the only one with an apple phone at our school but she is alone with those kind of issues. Which is strange if one thinks about it, I guess it has to be something about her phone and not about the school server (is that the correct term?) Since it works for everyone except her

at first glance it seems like a setup-problem setup of her phone, i agree.

does she have it fullly upgraded to every available current version? OS and client?
is there enough storingspace left?
is there any difference between going online using her mobile line and using a wifi-connection?

She can see olders, but not access and she dont see new folders
 The connection between phone and server is broken. She can try to remove his account and reconnect again his account.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your help, she says she has fixed it now she just had to update it or something.

1 Like