No settings for "Send email to new user"

Hi, I have problem to enable “Send email to new user”. There is no option in my user settings:

nextcloud

I use latest stable version 17.02 and I have upgraded from 15 with no issues. PHP version is 7.2.24 and Apache 2.4.29.

Feels like an settings that I need to have enabled, but how can I check this ?

Thanks!

//Daniel

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but did you setup your email server in nextcloud’s settings or did something change there due to the update?

Or maybe I misunderstood your question.

An email is automatically sent to a new user if you enter his/her email address on creation.
If you want to resend it you can use the 3-dot menu to the right:
nextcloud_user_management

Yes, mail configuration is working and if I create a user with email the welcome mail is sent out. Problem is that I want to create user with no password and let Nextcloud sent a registration mail to user so he/she can set own password.

Hm, that’s strange. It’s what I’m doing here on 16 and 17 in everyday user management since quite a while without issues (except expired activation links).

On creating a new user I do set login ID, Displayname, E-Mail address, add the user to the necessary groups and do not touch the password field.
On our instances this sends out an E-Mail to the user with an activation link without a preset password and the users can set their password when following the link.
What happens on your instance?

Yes, I don´t touch the password field but when I click on Create User I got error with

“An error occured during the request. Unable to proceed.
Password needs to be at least 14 characters long”

//Daniel

Did you try to (experimentally) set the minimal password length under settings/security/password policy to “0”. Although this isn’t a problem on our 17.0.2 setup, you might want to give it a try.

Could you post the related nextcloud log entry here? Please make sure to remove potentially sensitive data.