No option to save onlyoffice documents to nextcloud, can't hook up my email, either

This is frustrating. The only option I’m given when saving a OO doc is locally–missing the point of online storage.

Also, every time I try and hook up my mailfence account to nextcloud, it rejects my password. When given the option to do it manually, it wants my “IMAP host + password” and “SMTP host + password.”

Please help–I’m really new here and need concrete answers. Thank you

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): using “cloudamo”–doesn’t give a nextcloud version
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Mac OS 10.15.7
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): n/a
PHP version (eg, 7.4): n/a

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

You provided zero useful information for anybody willing to offer help…

Where is your Nextcloud server running?
Is it really so hard to click Settings → Overview to look up what version it is?
Or in the System tab look up the PHP and Apache/nginx version…

The question about OS means what OS Nextcloud runs on, not your computer…

Have you ever setup an email client in your life?
That’s what it is interested in: the server that sends emails (SMTP) and receives them (IMAP4).
Passwords (if they are different), ports (if not defaults), SSL…
Same applies to middleman services like Nextcloud Mail…

There is no need to be disrespectful to me–it’s obvious that I’m not the most experienced when it comes to technical knowledge (especially in this forum), but it doesn’t mean I’m deserving of this treatment.

You are not wrong, he could have phrased it a little nicer. On the other hand, in your case it would have been better, if you had ignored the template completely and just wrote down in your own words what your problem is. Or at least delete the parts of the template, where you don’t know the answer anyways. Complete sentences and words would also help (what is an OO document ??). I am obviously not talking about correct grammar and perfect english expression :wink: Please try to rephrase your first question and describe in a little more detail what you want to do exactly. There is no character limit in the forum :wink:

Regarding your second question about the mail account, you can find all the necessary information here:

Access with IMAP4 software

Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately, I got discouraged while trying to search for the information requested, I couldn’t find anything. So I decided to get rid of my nextcloud account. While uninstalling it, I remembered that I unzipped a file on my computer, and during the process I saw some of the files that would provide useful information disappear. This problem occurred because I completely forgot about those files. Maybe in the future I’ll try again and remember that programs are a set of scripts running that can be found, comprehended and manipulated–not some wizardry lol
Thank you again.

1 Like