No more possible to use Android "Share" function with Nextcloud mobile app

My Setup

Nextcloud version : 18.0.2 (Official Nextcloud VM by Tech & Me)
Operating system and version : Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Smartphone : Galaxy S10
Android version : Android 10
Android Nextcloud mobile app : 3.14.1 (last update as I’m writing this post)

Hi,

For a long time, I’ve been sending some of my images or documents by using the Android native “Share” function (the one you are using when you want to share a picture with a friend by SMS, Whatsapp or almost anything else) with Nextcloud Android app. This allows me to easily send new files to my Nextcloud server.

But since few weeks, this function doesn’t work anymore.
Nothing actually happens when I choose to share a file with Nextcloud app:

• no nextcloud notification
  • nothing in the “activity” panel in Nextcloud mobile app

But I am still able to add a document manually by going in the Nextcloud mobile app, and then clicking on the “+” button.

The native Android “Share” function still works with others apps (with Onedrive, for example).

Does anyone experience the same issue?
Can you help to understand what is going on?

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

This is a known issue and the fix will be in the next version, planned release date is this Friday

1 Like

Thanks Andy for your answer.

Is it normal that I still don’t have any update for my Nextcloud app? (Android).

Don’t wont to rush anybody at all! It is just to make sure everything is OK on my side.

Thanks again!

@jeremy_fritzen depends… Google Play has the update since some days f-droid hasn’t published any of the last 2 bugfix releases yet :confused: (can’t do anything about it since f-droid builds/published the app themselves…)

Thanks for your answer!
Actually, the update has been released yesterday :slight_smile:
Everything is OK now.

Thank you!

Hello, I have the same problem. Is there any solution? Always if I want upload pictures from Galery by share option to server is only sent 11-20 pictures. if I manually enter to the Nextcloud Client and sent to the server manually by + all pictures are arrived but this option is very uncomfortable. This problem has been around for as long as I can remember. This problem is not exist on iPhone.

Environment:
Mobile: Xiaomi Redmi Note pro 9, Nextcloud 3.18 client., Android 11, MIUI 12.0.1.0.
Server: Ubuntu 18.04. (regular auto updated), Nexcloud 22.2.3.0 from snap. Connection via SSL Let’s Encrypt.