"No message in this folder"

With current stable version of NC and the Mail app, I’ve setup an iCloud account with an app specific password. Its seems to work and it download the list of folders from the IMAP server, but there are no email in any folder.

I have only seen this with Gmail. There is a rare edge case where the messages vanish or never show up.

Is it just the inbox? Can you see messages in other mailboxes?

Hi,

No, all folder seem empty, though they are present and accessible in other mail clients.

Thanks

Remove your account. Then enable debug mode and set the log level to debug/0. Then add the account again and open the inbox. Wait until it finished indexing. If the messages are still not there, share the latest entries of data/nextcloud.log and data/horde_imap.log. Make sure to remove any reference to personal info that you do not want to share publicly.

1 Like

And let’s move this to Github. Please open a but report at https://github.com/nextcloud/mail/issues/new?assignees=&labels=bug%2C+0.+to+triage&template=bug.md&title=.

THanks!

Hi,

Sorry, I’ve closed my GitHub account when it was bought by Microsoft.

I’m seeing this in the log:

[mail] Error: OCA\Mail\Exception\ServiceException: Sync failed for 5:Drafts: Mailbox does not support mod-sequences. at <<closure>>

0. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/Service/Sync/ImapToDbSynchronizer.php line 111
   OCA\Mail\Service\Sync\ImapToDbSynchronizer->sync(OCA\Mail\Account {}, OCA\Mail\Db\Mailbox {id: 186}, 42, null, false)
1. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/BackgroundJob/SyncJob.php line 92
   OCA\Mail\Service\Sync\ImapToDbSynchronizer->syncAccount(OCA\Mail\Account {})
2. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/Job.php line 79
   OCA\Mail\BackgroundJob\SyncJob->run({accountId: 5})
3. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php line 61
   OCP\BackgroundJob\Job->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})
4. /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php line 125
   OCP\BackgroundJob\TimedJob->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})

at 2020-05-14T10:02:01+00:00

That is the issue.

If you do not report it as but we’ll have to wait for someone else to do that. So far you are the only one who’s run into this.

I see… I’m afraid I can’t do that…

This topic was automatically closed after 18 days. New replies are no longer allowed.