No meeting request/calendar invitation sent out by the server

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2): 20.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Linux 5.4.72-gentoo-ud58 x86_64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.4.12

The issue you are facing:

When creating a new calender entry and adding a participant, no invitation email is being sent out. If I go to basic settings/E-Mail-Server and send a test e-mail, it however works without any problems, as well as system notifications.
If I set up Thunderbird to send out invitations through the client, it also works. Once I change to “server side invitation”, no invitation get’s sent.
The same when setting up a new meeting through the browser. Allthough “Send email invitation” is active for the specific event, no email is sent out. To me it seems to be a bug.

So, for Thunderbird, the work around would be to use the client based invitation. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work for Android, since I here have to rely on the invitation through the server.
I’m using aCalendar as calendar app and DAVx5 as an interface. Both can’t create emails, so it needs to be done by the server.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Set up a new calendar entry on your smart phone
  2. Add another email address as an invitee
  3. Check if the invited email address receives an invitation email

I overall love NC. This issue is however quite annoying.

Best regards
Jens

Exactly the same issue here! I am using 19.04 (was present with 18.x already)

I just installed the 21.0.0 beta3 and now invitations are getting sent :blush:
Yeahh!

The sender is (German version): “über Nextcloud”- hopefully this can also be edited in the future. But it means that I can keep using Nextcloud!

Best regards
Jens