No Connection from Windows and macOS Client to Nextcloud 14 after upgrade

I upgraded my NextCloud from Version 13. to Version 14.0.3
Since then, neither the Windows Client (Version 2.5.0 beta 1) nor the Mac Client (Version 2.3.3) can connect to my cloud. Both show the same error message:

in german: "Keine Verbindung zu Nextcloud auf ... Unbekannter Fehler" 
in english: "No connection to .... Unknown error".

The iPhone App can connect without problems and of course, I can also logon in the web interface.

On Windows, I tried to install the current client version (therefore the beta) and log me off and log on again using a app password. But without success.

Also on windows, I found the entry “serverVersion=13.0.6.1” in the %AppData%\Nextcloud\Nextcloud.cfg. I don’t know if the wrong server version has anything to do with it, but I don’t think so.

Details:

Nextcloud version: 14.0.3
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 16.04.5 on a Virtual Server at Strato
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.9
PHP version: 7.0
HTTPS Certificate: Digicert

I found the solution myself.

The Appendix C: Troubleshooting Chapter in the Nextcloud Client Manual explains, how to optain the client log file. (Pressing the F12 Key in the Mac oder Windows client).
The following message appears in the log:

QNetworkReply::NetworkError(ContentNotFoundError) Server hat “404 Not Found”; auf “GET https://cloud.myserver.de/status.php” geantwortet.

I take a look in the nextcloud directory and found a missing status.php. Or better, not found :slight_smile:
After I copied this file from a downloaded zip image into the program directory, the clients were able to reconnect.

Probably I deleted this file by mistake even by myself :thinking: