No Categories in App Store / "Install Apps" App after manual app install

Dear community,
I recently manually installed the share link renamer app from a zip that I downloaded from its GIT source.
The installation (basically unzipping) and activation (via OCC) worked well. The app was ready to use afterwards.

However, as I later wanted to install another app form the app store, I no longer had categories to choose from. Only “Activated” and “Inactive” apps where there to choose from.

What could have gone wrong?

Thanks.

1 Like

Take a look at the Nextcloud log file. There is a problem with the ownCloud App Store server certificate.

Could not get application: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Thanks for getting into this.
This is one of several log entries:

{“reqId”:“B+smGQeSoSyZTtzdrr9P”,“remoteAddr”:“5.10.3.34”,“app”:“core”,“message”:“Could not get application: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate”,“level”:3,“time”:“2016-11-23T12:36:03+01:00”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/nextcloud/settings/apps/list?category=enabled&includeUpdateInfo=1",“user”:“myusername”}

Wasn’t there an issue with stable (older) OS which don’t have a current list of certificate authorities? There should be a couple of topics about this curl error.

I tried the fix stated in another thread to add th efollowing to config.php:

‘appstoreurl’ => ‘https://apps.nextcloud.com/api/v0’,

The categories come back (although in englisch, not translated) and they are empty.
It said there are more current versions to install, but the install failed with integritiy checks failed.

Seems this has something to do with owncloud app store SSL certificate switch…

2 Likes

This worked for me as well! Thank you.

I just made an account to thank you @der.einstein. This is the only help I could find about this frustrating problem.

Currently, the default app-server from owncloud is used where they changed the certificates and didn’t fix the certificate chain properly:

If it is urgent, you can manually install the apps, if not just wait a couple of hours until they figured out what’s wrong.

The Nextcloud store is only online for testing. It will be actively supported with the release of NC 11.