No bulletproof method for importing many files into NextCloud 15

scp’d files from remote server over to NextCloud server. Chmod’d and chowned all files and directories inserted into existing NextCloud directories. Followed all the different manual segments and troubleshooting suggestions in the forum to run php script occ to scan new files into NextCloud database to no avail. Does v 18 resolve the migration / import issues plaguing NextCloud ? Ubuntu 18.04 server at HostWinds. nextCloud installation included with MiaB installation

As an alternative, it appears Pydio automatically picks up files loaded into its data directories without having to fight with a manual scanning process to load bulk files into a database,

Why not using the desktop client to import your data into your Nextcloud?
Did that with around 1TB and it works.

The bulk of files are held on a remote server. The files on that remote server need to be transferred directly from that remote server to the NextCloud15 server without intermediary. As I understand it the occ cli environment NextCloud has provided needs to function to perform this bulk file migration successfully, Despite all troubleshooting tips applied from the manual and NextCloud forum posts i have not been able to get occ cli working.

Does v18 add a manually triggered new file scan ?

Not knowing any of your configuration or setup, I can´t help you a lot.
But I can assure you I have imported data several times and on multiple versions just moving the files to the appropiate directories and running occ files:scan.

I´d still recommend using the desktop client if you can afford the time and have the data on hand. But the other way works on a large scale (10s of TB) in a fresh Nextcloud install, and on a lower scale on an existing one because I´ve done it multiple times.

Maybe if you share some more info?

Occ started working

sudo -u www-data php /usr/local/lib/owncloud/occ files:scan --all Starting scan for user 1 out of 4 (ml@ty.us)

Starting scan for user 2 out of 4 (pl@ty.us)
Starting scan for user 3 out of 4 (rl@ty.us)
Starting scan for user 4 out of 4 (root)
±--------±------±-------------+
| Folders | Files | Elapsed time |
| 45 | 310 | 00:00:02 |

Files are now accessible.

If you want to upload directly, you can connect via webdav. Then everything is already indexed correctly.

Are you using a server based cli version of webdav installed on remote servers to dump move files directly between servers? Which cli webdav product are you using ? I have used webdav years ago in a mobile client to server situation, been using SSH.