NextCloudPi on Nextcloud 21 - Wait for app update or restore a backup?

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 21.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): NCP for Odroid XU4/HC2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.3

The issue you are facing:

I’ve just done a clean install of NextCloudPi, configured virtually everything - then made the apparent mistake of updating Nextcloud through the normal admin panel (breaking NCP). Am I okay to enable NCP (and the ncp preview generator in particular) anyway, despite it being configured for Nextcloud 20?

I’ve read some conflicting answers. Regardless, even if I can’t enable the affected apps now, I’ve also read that NCP is likely to release an update pretty soon - will I only need to update the app within the Nextcloud Apps panel? Or has updating to NC 21 kinda screwed up NCP permanently - as it appears NCP gives a tailored version of Nextcloud?

I can be patient, I’m just looking for a little insight on whether I need to wait for an app update or if I need to do a full backup/restore sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance for any input or assistance!

NCP’s update tools documentation

What exactly isn’t working?

You can do as you please;

• either stay on 21 and wait for ncp devs to update, (please) report any broken apps here, on Github or Telegram.
  • or first restore to 20 and also wait for ncp devs to update

That statement is based solely on the “Enable Untested App” button in the Apps settings panel and the automatically-disabled status of NCP and NCP Preview Generator - which is somewhat worrying for a brand new (and subsequently updated) NCP install