NextCloudPi on Docker - Still supported?

I just wanted to check if the NextCloudPi docker container is still being supported and updated?

I’m using ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-arm64 under RaspiOS Bullseye 64-bit, obtained from hub.docker.com . It runs fine, but it is NC v24.0.5.1 rather than the newer v25 and I see that it hasn’t been updated for a couple of months.

It also keeps telling me that NCP v1.50.3 is available (I’m running 1.50.2), but if I click on the notification in the control panel I just get a blank window.

Hey Darrenhill,
fair questions and I will try to answer them as good as possible.
First of all docker with nextcloudpi is still supported!
It shows v1.50.3 because there is a v1.50.3 which only fixes an issue in the curl-installer version and doesn’t change anything in the docker version. Therefore it was easier to not release a fresh containerversion.

If you go on the update banner it gets blank because the possibility to update via WebUi was restricted . there were some critical bugs with systems which were upgraded and a few versions later a new container was pulled. So only possibility to update a docker container is to pull a new container.

To your question about NC versions.
Traditionally ncp never uses a xx.0.0 or xx.0.1 version.
There are a lot rrspns why. The main point is to provide a stable NC experience.
But no worries we test meanwhile the
upgrade path and the compatibility with the apps.

Yep, no release until 25.0.2 on eta 12/1 due to breaking issues in need of fixing.

Anytime you want to know such things read the nextcloudpi github issues.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for the info.

Will hang on for a couple of weeks until the new container is out and then upgrade. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something or on an EOL path.