NextCloudPi on a Raspberry Pi 4B

Any news here? Want help to test. :slight_smile:

Here folks

https://ownyourbits.com/downloads/testing/NextCloudPi_RPi_07-03-19/

Only thing I detected is that there is no PHP7.3 php-smbclient in Raspbian (at least yet).

Got your image. Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is already on the way and should arrive on Saturday. The case needs a bit longer.

there is no PHP7.3 php-smbclient in Raspbian

What does it mean? Which malfunctions do you expect?

no malfunction, but it pulls in PHP7.2 as a dependency, which is pretty stupid. This is not the case with regular Debian.

Can I somehow migrate from 3B to 4B, that is, changing Pi hardware and Raspbian version without data loss? Using external HD for data+database.

You can try to do dist-upgrade and then use the SD card on the pi4. I imagine it will get the latest kernel that way but haven’t tried.

But I would wait until we release the Buster version (on development branch right now) so you don’t run into compatibility issues.

Make a NCP backup and a SD card backup first.

You haven’t written or seen a guide on this by any chance? :slight_smile:

Downloading this now, torrent still very slow. Will try to boot it in the coming hours.

yes thanks, I have really bad upload speed right now so it will take a couple hours

mmm just look at batch.sh, it’s pretty easy

https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/blob/master/batch.sh

If you want to take notes of the process you can help document it in docs.nextcloudpi.com. That would be great :wink:

Thank you @nachoparker ! That’s what I was thinking : wait patiently for Buster version before migrating in a controlled and managed way.

I just installed the new image for RPI4. It works great! I think everything is ok. The only problem was that there was a never ending loop with my brand new 32 gb sd-card. Look:

I changed to a smaller card of 16 gb and now it works fine. I saw some explanations in the forum (better sd-card, better power supply). But I bought the original Raspberry Pi power supply with 5,1 V and 3A output.

1 Like

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1493654&sid=38ddf1175fcaad897f294ad95c7f2d9a#p1493654

The upgrade on my fast PI4 to buster by sudo ncp-dist-upgrade was ok.
buster-1
The update to NextCloudPI v1.15.0 too.
buster-2
Installed PHP version is 7.3.4-2 now. Nevertheless the systems tells me that there is an update to buster available although I did sudo ncp-dist-upgrade several times.
buster-3
Nextcloud still misses imagick. NextCloudPi 16.03 is installed.

1 Like

Thanks, looks good.

We have removed imagick for security reasons just to be safe, you can ignore that.

Rebooting should fix that…

My upgrade to Buster on rp3b was successful too, I received same imagick warning. and upgrade stayed available until rebooted.

Ok., I’ll ignore it.

I rebooted again and again. It didn’t fix that. But the system works well and that’s the main thing. I’ll ignore this notification too.

@vrillo are you saying that even if you run ncp-dist-upgrade and it goes well (you see Upgrade to buster successful that message keeps showing up?

In that case, does the file /usr/local/etc/ncp-recommended.cfg exist in your system?

Thanks for the feedback

Yes I do.

In that case, does the file /usr/local/etc/ncp-recommended.cfg exist in your system?

Yes it does:
2019-07-20_05-33

thanks, ah I see what’s wrong. Should be fixed now

No, it’s not fixed. Look: