Nextcloudpi (NCP) restore backup fails

Hello,

due to the 32-bit not supported by NC25 I had to replace my old hardware (Odroid HC1). I went for an Odroid HC4. Now using the restore backup functionality of NCP fails.

Old setting:
Odroid HC1

• one SSD attached via SATA → containing NC Data
  • one HDD via USB → containing backups (NC configuration and NC full backup)

New setting:
Odroid HC4

• one SSD attached via SATA → containing NC Data
  • one HDD via USB → containing backups (NC configuration and NC full backup)

Steps so far:

1. Write image to SD, plug in and activate Nextcloud
  2. Enable SSH access and mount SSD. (Could not find it mounted even after running automount via ncp-config)
  3. Start restoring backup via Web UI pointing to the right .tar file
  4. Output:
[ nc-restore ] (Thu Nov 3 12:20:26 CET 2022)
check free space...
extracting backup file /media/3b94e4b6-54c9-426a-b32c-0d39bb8d90bb/nextcloud-bkp_20221029_1667005204.tar...
tar: ncdata/my***user/cache/music_collection.json: time stamp 2027-06-07 23:23:10 is 144928256.964682454 s in the future
  1. Backup fails either by no outputting anything or one time by stating, that there is not enough disk space available

Since I can only chose the source file for resoring and not the target drive, I assume that backup is restored on the wrong disk. Roaming around in cricles for days, without any success, this is my las resort for help.

• How to specify that the backup is restored in the right place / disk?
  • Could the mounting and naming of the disks affect the backup restore?
  • Did I made something wrong in setting up the fresh system before restore?
  • Do I have to make additional changes before restore?

edit: I just found out by repeatedly inputting df -Th with minutes in between, that the USB attached disk (containg the backup file) is running full. So it seems, that the backup is written to there instead of the other disk. And there are new files named like ncp-restore.nbVltv

Thank you very much upfront.

NCP version 1.50.3 (latest)
Hardware Odroid HC4
Latest Raspian / NCP image from Github

Did you use “compressed backup”? If so, please read