[nextcloudpi] nc-static-ip - what happes if there is already a static ip set before?

hey nacho & the gang :slight_smile:

just updated to ncp v28.1… and discovered the new option “nc-static-ip” - you can choose between on and off (off meaning dhcp coming in).
so as i have set an internal static-ip since long ago (almost from the beginning on and it was kind of a hazzle for me to get dhcp out from everywhere) i am now wondering: nc-static-ip isn’t turned on in my ncp-web. does that mean it’s gonna switch to dhcp again? or do i need to put my local static ip in and turn in on? how to proceed?
isn’t it possible that ncp would detect whether there is already a static one set and fill in these info to the field in nc-static-ip? or do we need an “enable”-button with nc-static-ip?

cheerio
jimmy

If you have never run the nc-static-IP option, then there will be no change to your system.

It changes DHCP to on or off when you use the option.

isn’t it possible that ncp would detect whether there is already a static one set and fill in these info to the field in nc-static-ip? or do we need an “enable”-button with nc-static-ip?

Yes, I’ll think how to make it more clear to understand. I could definitely detect if you have reconfigured /etc/dhcpcd.conf.

How did you set up your static IP? dhcpcd.conf or /etc/network/interfaces?

since it’s months ago i really can’t remember… but i clearly do remember that it was a longtaking fight to get the dhcp-entries out of everywhere. i know that i was dealing with both of the above. and got angry at /etc/network/interfaces since my config got overwritten several times - in the end it worked. but i can’t remember which steps led there, successfully

ok :smiley:
then I understand your fear that I change it. Don’t worry, it only does stuff when you command it to :wink:

it wasn’t a real fear. i was just curious… ^^