NextCloudPi: Impossible access from outside of my network

Hello Everyone,

I have installed NextCloudPi following the Wizard steps but as my Router doesn’t support the ddns proposed ( duckDNS, no-ip, etc…) I opted to set it manually.

I configured the port forward on my router as I did for previous installations but this time it doesn’t work.
I checked the ports opened with “netstat -lptn” and I get this:
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::25 :::* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::4443 :::* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN -

Does it mean that those ports are all open?

Otherwise if I print NextCloudPi system info, it reports that ports 80 and 443 are closed.

port check 80 closed
port check 443 closed

Do you have any idea of what could it be the problem?

Thank you!

NextcloudPi version (v1.19.1):
Operating system and version (Raspbian GNU/Linux 10):

Netstat shows only applications that are listening on ports, not firewall or port forwarding rules. You have only Applications listening on your IPv6, but not IPv4. Also you use key -p but from output it is not clear who listening on those ports.

If port is opened in Firewall and router is another question. You have to check following points:

1. Set port forwarding on you router, e.g. 443 to 443 on IP of your NextcloudPI and 80 to 80 on IP of your NextcloudPI. Or any other ports that you like to use for access from the internet.
  2. Open Ports by your firewall on NextcloudPI.
  3. Configure application to listen on those ports.

How you access you NC? Please provide more info: basically, here is a good and

Not necessary, for IPv4 you can use this this nice no-ip updater script on your NextcloudPI server.

UPDATE: I found that basically this all is written in the Doku and is part of nextcloud PI: https://docs.nextcloudpi.com/en/how-to-access-from-outside-your-network/

Hi, I am really sorry for the delay!
Finally it was a problem with router configuration.
Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like