NextCloudPI has gone offline. Not sure where to start troubleshooting

The issue you are facing: NextCloudPi is offline/gone on RaspberryPi.

Yesterday, NCPi was working fine. Today, I noticed it wasnt responding.

I navigated to nextcloud URL and the login page was different. It had a login for NC and at the bottom for a database.

Now it doesn’t respond at all or rather didnt.

I googled a little bit and saw some commands recommended.

sudo apt-get install --reinstall apache2

Did that, now when I navigate to my public domain it shows: https://i.imgur.com/BEF4uxU.png

Why I ran that command? No idea. Tired and frustrated.

I have a feeling I made it worse by running that command and that my files are gone.

I have no idea what happened. Only thing I can think of is the power flickered 3 times yesterday, but I’m fairy certain the server is on a UPS. My PC for sure didnt go out.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

Doesn't exist. Only "to" folder inside.

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Is stock apache. 

https://i.imgur.com/AB5U90R.png

Do you use an external drive? Is it still mounted (df -h) and are there still files on it?

Logfiles are a good starting point. From your start page it looks a bit like it doesn’t find your configuration…

Yes, but it is mounted still. The OS is installed on it. Everything else is fine too.

Before you do anything else, please backup everything before testing more things and before risking to loose something important!

I am not sure if the apache reinstall has overwritten the specific apache config. If you still have your Nextcloud folders, there should be a config.php, can you still find that? And in your data folder should be a nextcloud.log with a bit more information.

System drive is not completely full? Such things could make a server application fail (database, webserver) and it stops operating. In this case you just need to clean that up a bit and you don’t need to reinstall anything.