NextcloudPi error after update to v1.39.13

Hi,

I have a NCP instance in my rockpro64. Everything was working fine, but it seems that after update to v1.39.13 I can’t access the web page. So ncp-report throws an error about not being able to load dynamic libraries “xml.so” and “wddx.so”, needed by PHP.The start of the report is this:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'xml.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20180731/xml.so (ld-linux-aarcH64.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20180731/xml.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/xml.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'wddx.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20180731/wddx.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/wddx.so: undefined symbol: php_XML_SetUserData), /usr/lib/php/20180731/wddx.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/wddx.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
NextCloudPi version  v1.39.13
NextCloudPi image    NextCloudPi_11-27-20
distribution         Armbian 21.02.0-trunk Buster \l 

If needed I can upload the full ncp-report.

EDIT: I tried to install the libraries with apt, I got this:

# apt update
*** stack smashing detected ***: <unknown> terminated
Aborted

At the beginning, when I first noticed my Nextcloud instance wasn’t working, I rebooted the server and had trouble booting up. I had to run fsck for the SD card. Maybe my SD card is broken? Should I reinstall in another card (or the same one)?

EDIT2: Here you have full ncp-report https://pastebin.com/Q75waB85

I haven’t experienced this particular error myself so I could be wrong about this, however after doing some googling around regarding the error code you’re getting in your HTTPd logs ( see below ), this is what I found.

[core:notice] [pid 2004:tid 548340454768] AH00052: child pid 17924 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

According to some posts by users over at Stackoverflow and Serverfault this error usually occurs when the PHP-FPM and PHP versions no longer match. Meaning the PHP -FPM did not get updated together with the PHP and so they are out of sync.

From user Gen.Stack in the Stackoverflow 1 link below :

Check whether your PHP-FPM and PHP versions match. Make sure there is a (correct) PHP-FPM configuration corresponding to your PHP and PHP-FPM version, respectively.

On a Debian system there should be something like this:

/etc/php/7.3/fpm
/etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini
/etc/php/7.3/fpm/php-fpm.conf
/etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d
/etc/php/7.3/fpm/conf.d
/etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/www.conf

On my system the /etc/php/7.3/fpm directory was missing. Reason: legacy PHP-FPM >didn’t get updated. After installing the PHP-FPM update and synch’ing the new fpm >config w/ my tweaked config there were no more segfaults and everything started >working as it did before the update.

The root cause for those child segfaults was particulary nasty to isolate, maybe this SO answer can save others the hassle.

HTH

Stackoverflow 1
Stackoverflow 2
Serverfault

I think that the problem was that the SD card was corrupt/broken. I’ll try a new installation in a new SD card. Thank you for your answer!!

1 Like