NextCloudPi 1.2 NC15.0.2 a call for testing

NEW RELEASE

testing the upgrade (backup first) Hi everyone,

The release is ready to go to the testing channel. I have tested it and it seems to works fine. It brings

• NC15.0.2
  • reworked ncp-web / ncp-config
  • a tiny NCP Nextcloud app

It would be great to have some brave testers to run sudo ncp-update devel and verify that all is good before I roll it out to the rest of the users. If you haven’t got nc-autoupdate-nc activated you will have to run nc-update-nextcloud manually, otherwise in less than a day your instance should upgrade to NC15.0.2

testing the images

The generated images have been uploaded to ownyourbits.com/downloads/testing. Please, everyone with a board willing to test it speak out, or add yourself to the list in

Following the protocol, I will call out to the following testers: please, one tester per board give us an ACK (meaning they will test that board), and another one if the testing goes well. See details in the link above

Thanks!

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: NextcloudPi on Nano Pi Neo 2

Tested NextCloudPi_RPi_Berryboot_01-12-19 this morning on RPI3B+ :smile: boots fine.
It came with ncp-config without version info, after executing ncp-update version showing is v.1.3.0
NC version is 15.0.1 with notcie in admin panel of 15.0.2 being available. Running nc-update-nextcloud updates to 15.0.2 without any issues :relaxed: Pastbin

I ran de curl installer yesterday in VM with basic Debian9, works fine again!
It installed NC 14.0.4 with notification for upgrade to 14.0.6 being available.
When executing ncp-config it shows no version, after update is v.1.3.0
Edit ran it again today and is installing 15.0.2 now.

Thanks to all for all the work put into this!

1 Like

Say it louder please, see if they can hear you :smiley:

I was offered a Rock64 which is great, big thanks to Timl

I have been trying to get an Odroid but they are not making it easy

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=32671&p=239738

I already have one but it is my personal cloud, so not available for development.

1 Like

Good catch, the build didn’t go well, as you noticed by the lack of version. I fixed that, and also added that check to automated testing. In the future, the build will fail so I will notice, and also we have the test now.

I generated the new image, all good now. Thanks!

@nachoparker,

Just wanted to let you know that I got 1.0.3 today and successfully upgraded to NextCloud 15 on my Rock64. All is well and it seems to be working fine.

@nachoparker
The image from NextCloudPi_RPi_Berryboot_01-13-19.tar.bz2
Boots fine
All checks passed.
NextCloud 15.0.2
NCP v1.3.0

1 Like

Hello,

so I just upgraded my raspberry-pi3 running nextcloud 14.0.4 to 15.0.2 with ncp 1.3.0. Everything seems fine, but I cannot access my nextcloud via the web/network anymore. The browser just says “server not found”. ssh to the IP address still works, so I can run any command from the command line. Also ncp-config works and doesnt show any errors as far as I can tell.
Could anybody help me with this issue, please?
Thank you!

Edit: @nacoparker I restored the autosave-backup of ncp with nc 14.0.4.1, but still I cannot access the raspberry/ncp via the browser or desktop apps. I have quite some important data on the NC, so it would be good if I could get at least the backup running. Could you help me what to check/how to proceed?

Thank you!

Hi!

I am running the x86 docker image. NC 14.04 works well.

Downloaded the latest docker today from docker hub. Starting that docker shows the following error message in the console:

/usr/local/bin/ncp-provisioning.sh: line 53: run_app: command not found

Not sure this is related to the recent update to the docker sinc on docker hub there seems to be no changelog but just the “updated 2 days ago” message.

Is the updating process for docker still:

• get the latest container
  • run it, and update from the NC web updater
  • fix the issues that will arise (integrity check fails, check this forum)

Sven

run nc-info to get an idea of what’s going on (or sudo ncp-report)

“get the latest container” was your mistake. After the rework, now it is possible to upgrade that way (which is the most standard way of doing it), but not before this.

you can try removing /data/bin and restarting the container

Hey nachoparker,

thank you for the reply. ncp-report returns the following:

pi@nextcloudpi:~ $ sudo ncp-report
<--! Paste this in GitHub report -->

<details>
<summary>NextCloudPi diagnostics</summary>

```

NextCloudPi version  v1.3.0
NextCloudPi image    NextCloudPi_11-22-18
distribution         Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 \n \l
automount            no
USB devices          sda 
datadir              /media/USBdrive/ncdata
data in SD           no
data filesystem      btrfs
data disk usage      266G/932G
rootfs usage         1.9G/15G
swapfile             /var/swap
dbdir                /var/lib/mysql
Nextcloud check      ok
Nextcloud version    15.0.2.0
HTTPD service        down
PHP service          up
MariaDB service      up
Redis service        up
Postfix service      up
internet check       ok
port check 80        closed
port check 443       closed
IP                   ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
gateway              ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
interface            eth0
certificates         ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
NAT loopback         no
uptime               10:35

```
</details>

<details>
<summary>Nextcloud configuration</summary>

```

{
    "system": {
        "passwordsalt": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "secret": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "trusted_domains": {
            "0": "localhost",
            "5": "nextcloudpi.local",
            "7": "nextcloudpi",
            "8": "nextcloudpi.lan",
            "1": "192.168.178.2",
            "4": "uylvldiexnyu2tof.myfritz.net"
        },
        "datadirectory": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "dbtype": "mysql",
        "version": "15.0.2.0",
        "overwrite.cli.url": "https:\/\/uylvldiexnyu2tof.myfritz.net\/",
        "dbname": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "dbhost": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "dbport": "",
        "dbtableprefix": "oc_",
        "mysql.utf8mb4": true,
        "dbuser": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "dbpassword": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "installed": true,
        "instanceid": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "memcache.local": "\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis",
        "memcache.locking": "\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis",
        "redis": {
            "host": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
            "port": 0,
            "timeout": 0,
            "password": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***"
        },
        "mail_smtpmode": "smtp",
        "mail_from_address": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "mail_domain": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "overwriteprotocol": "https",
        "maintenance": false,
        "logfile": "\/media\/USBdrive\/ncdata\/nextcloud.log",
        "loglevel": "2",
        "log_type": "file",
        "mail_smtpauth": 1,
        "mail_smtphost": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "mail_smtpport": "587",
        "mail_smtpname": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "mail_smtppassword": "***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***",
        "mail_smtpsecure": "tls",
        "mail_smtpauthtype": "LOGIN"
    }
}

```
</details>

<details>
<summary>HTTPd logs</summary>

```

```
</details>

<details>
<summary>Database logs</summary>

```

```
</details>

<details>
<summary>Nextcloud logs</summary>

```

{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:23+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Repair::step: Repair step: Repair pending cron jobs","userAgent":"--","version":"14.0.4.2"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:23+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Repair::info: Repair info: No need to repair pending cron jobs.","userAgent":"--","version":"14.0.4.2"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:23+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Repair::step: Repair step: Extract the vcard uid and store it in the db","userAgent":"--","version":"14.0.4.2"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:25+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Repair::info: Repair info: Fixed 347 vcards","userAgent":"--","version":"14.0.4.2"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:25+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Updater::startCheckCodeIntegrity: Starting code integrity check...","userAgent":"--","version":"14.0.4.2"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:50+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Updater::finishedCheckCodeIntegrity: Finished code integrity check","userAgent":"--","version":"14.0.4.2"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:50+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Updater::updateEnd: Update successful","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:50+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Updater::maintenanceDisabled: Turned off maintenance mode","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"R0D8PHOZxr666uthxFvt","level":1,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:50+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Updater::resetLogLevel: Reset log level to Warning(2)","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"JUczAg9DhkzzgnSZ99aT","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T06:29:51+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"KYNVJkhoeQIaZOeCnU50","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T06:30:01+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"ecq8SAOqcZAxdu8Mh4hu","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T06:30:01+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"6ilyLS8ZHErslbJ8m8Vo","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T06:30:03+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"zcdN2tcHIGk4Me9qRJRC","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T06:40:02+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"ycxI4yGA4maJ5pztOz7Q","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T06:45:02+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"edcwtT1iUaI56yA7t302","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T07:00:02+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"VIXTRKzxkDtUhdKo9tQD","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T07:15:02+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"VDrxCu018btjVi8vRjZR","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T07:30:02+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"MZk0un2iXt6XcPIEtpPu","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T07:33:39+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}
{"reqId":"5Q85J9rXRlRNjrQxqQM5","level":2,"time":"2019-01-15T07:33:45+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"no app in context","method":"","url":"--","message":"Temporary directory \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/data\/tmp is not present or writable","userAgent":"--","version":"15.0.2.0"}

```
</details>

Especially the HTTPD and the closed ports make me somewhat puzzled.
Best

Hello,

so for reasons I don’t understand, the issue was the following:
Following this Link , I had deactivated old TLS protocols and only allowed TLSv1.2 by editing a line
/etc/apache2/conf-available/http2.conf
to
SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1.2
Undoing this change made the cloud work perfectly fine again in version 15.0.2.

Thank you again,
steffo

Thanks for the answer - just to make sure I understood correctly:

I should not use the latest container from docker hub but the one I am currently running with 14.04 and /data outside the container. Within /data I remove /data/bin and then I can update to NC 15? I had updated ncp to 1.3.6 already.

The web updater gave me so far only the option to update to NC 14.06 but notifying me that ncp is not available for that version.

Sorry if I missed the point.

that’s correct

When starting the container with bin moved to some other name the following error message appears:

/etc/services-enabled.d/020nextcloud: line 62: ncc: command not found

Updating to 14.0.6 works with the already mentioned notification that the nexcloudpi app is not available for that version.

However, even after updating to 14.0.6 no notification is shown that NC 15 is available. The update channel is set to “stable”.

So how are nextcloudpi 14 users supposed to update to NC 15? Switching to the beta channel?

Because the NCP updater is not yet available, you are supposed to use the “standard” Nextcloud update. I don’t know why it wouldn’t suggest that you upgrade.

Hopefully we’ll have the docker support in a couple days, currently working on it.

Cool, then I will simply wait some days and test the docker updater.

Thanks for your efforts on nextcloudpi!

EDIT: Since this thread was closed before I could answer I can only update this previous post.

The update worked in docker. After some time I got the following error message: “Something went wrong. Try refreshing the page”. However it continued anyway after that.

It’s out! Just update to the latest version, please let us know if it works for you