NextCloud Windows [10] Connection Wizard won't connect to site

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): Latest - Installed yesterday
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Win10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.39
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.8

The issue you are facing: Nextcloud Connection Wizard will not connect to website. It will get as far as entering my website url, clicking next, then says

"Connect to Nextcloud. Login in your browser
Please switch to your browser to proceed
An error occurred while connecting. Please try again

–> Re-open browser [Does nothing]
–> Copy link [Does nothing]"

I’m logged in on the website and can access it fine on my Android (although the app crashes every time when trying to upload all images in my camera folder)

I’ve installed the TLS certificates, updated my .htaccess file to force https, increased the mem size to 512mb, and I can ping my site from the PC, as well as sign in via a browser [and Android].

Unfortunately, without the app to sync folders on my PC, Nextcloud is useless to me.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Open connection Wizard
  2. Try to run it

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'ocx036jhnh8r',
  'passwordsalt' => '********',
  'secret' => '********',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '********',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '********',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '16.0.3.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => '********',
  'dbname' => '********',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => '********',
  'dbpassword' => '********',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

I’m getting the same problem with Windows 10 after updating to latest version (2.6.0.5839) of the NextCloud Windows 10 Connection Wizard. We’ve been using the prior Windows version (2.5.1.61652) for the past year without any issues.

As soon as I input the URL of our server, I get the message that I have to switch to my browser (which never opens). The dialog shows two buttons: Re-open browser, which does nothing, and Copy link, which also does nothing. It doesn’t even copy anything to the clipboard.

I did discover that the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Nextcloud\nextcloud.cfg file changed the authtype from http to webflow and also added a webflow_user line.

I should note we are on the following software packages:
Nextcloud version: Nextcloud 17.0.0
OS system and version: Ubuntu Linux 16.04.1
Apache version: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
PHP version: PHP 7.3.9-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1

2 Likes

Many thanks, infotech.

I downgraded to the previous version and it’s working perfectly, so there must be an issue with the latest build.

It looks like it affects Windows, Mac, and Linux all at once. Kind of a strange issue but I’m glad you got it working!

infotech, you are the man! Thank you very much!