NextCloud v21 - Errors in log files

Hello,

After migrating from 20.0.8 to 21, I get many error messages such as these:

Error: disk_free_space(): No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#373

Error: usort(): Returning bool from comparison function is deprecated, return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Http/Template/PublicTemplateResponse.php#101

Error: imagecreatefromstring(): Data is not in a recognized format at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Image.php#668

Error: Required parameter $tagManager follows optional parameter $fileIdentifier at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Helper.php#220

Any ideea?

I run Php v8.0

Tanks!

Not sure that NC is compatible with Php 8 yet. All the documentations recommend 7.4. I’ve seen some Apps adding Php 8 support but that’s it.

Alright, switching back to php 7.4. Thanks!

Hello,

After switching to php 7.4, most errors disappeared. Unfortunately I see these in the logs:

Error: Call to undefined method OC\AllConfig::isGlobalScaleEnabled()

Invalid data provided to provideInitialState by files

I also get this error with the cron:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OC\DB\SchemaWrapper::__construct() must be an instance of OC\DB\Connection, instance of OC\DB\ConnectionAdapter given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreed/lib/BackgroundJob/CheckReferenceIdColumn.php on line 59

cron call is: */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php7.4 -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php

Thanks for your help

Normally, NC 21 is compatible with php8, perhaps some modules are missing. In case there is a bug, it should be reported to the developers.

Ok, thanks. not to sound mean or anything (it’s 2021, better be careful in the way people may interpret things), but reading the link you sent shows NC21 is not yet compatible with php8.0; the “fix” was to revert to php7.4, which I did.

Nothing shows up as abnormal in the NC test page.

I thought NC 21 were compatible with php 8. It isn’t mentioned in the documentation. Perhaps they planned it at some time, there are a few tests and reports on github. And in the announcements they refer to it: Nextcloud Hub 21 out with up to 10x better performance, whiteboard and more collaboration features – Nextcloud

Regarding the storage problem:

I don’t think that NC21.x is PHP8 compatible yet …

My logs are full of several errors and i don’t think that all of them are concerned a missconfigurated NC server …

1. Error: Function mcrypt_encrypt() is deprecated at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/rainloop/lib/Util/RainLoopHelper.php#180
    → uninstalled php8.0-mcrypt package (gone)

2. Error: The “Symfony\Component\Translation\PluralizationRules” class is deprecated since Symfony 4.2. at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/translation/PluralizationRules.php#38

3. Error: session_start(): Ignoring session_start() because a session is already active at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#207

4. Error: Required parameter $tagManager follows optional parameter $fileIdentifier at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Helper.php#220

5. Error: ldap_read(): Search: No such object at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php#342

6. Error: Required parameter $internalPath follows optional parameter $mountId at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Config/CachedMountFileInfo.php#34

All mentioned errors appears with 7.4 → 8.0 … and after migration from 20.0.8 to 21.0.1
But the errors come from PHP