Nextcloud uses IP instead of Domain and therefore SSL is not working

Hi,

my Nextcloud instance is hosted on a virtual server on a remote host. I used the Debian Stretch image of NextcloudPi and installed it via
curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/master/install.sh | bash.

I setup an A record so that my subdomain is pointing to the remote host of the vm. Everything works fine and I can access the Nextcloud instance by typing in the subdomain and / or the ip adress. After setting up Letā€™s encrypt by using the integrated tool from npc-config I noticed that the login page is shown correctly with my subdomain and SSL works, but as soon as I login a new tab is opened which shows the warning that SSL isnā€™t correctly configured. The adress bar in the new tab is showing the IP adress instead of the domain so the warning makes sense, of course Letā€™s encrypt is only configured for the domain name.

The Letā€™s encrypt tool added a virtual host in my nextcloud.conf and the server name is set to my subdomain. In config.php I checked that the first entry of my trusted domains is my subdomain, which it is, and also the line ā€˜overwrite.cli.urlā€™ is set to my subdomain.

I found this post (Show domain instead of IP address) describing how I could tell Nextcloud to use my subdomain, but unfortunately it didnā€™t work.
Of course I restarted apache2 and after that even the whole vm, but still it redirects to the IP adress after I login.

Anything Iā€™m missing here?