Nextcloud Update - There were problems with the code integrity check

Nextcloud 11.0.3

Hello

I’ve just updated my Nextcloud (from version 11.02. to 11.0.3). Upon upgrading I now see at the top of my Nextcloud an error saying the following:

There were problems with the code integrity check.

I then looked at the details of the error to find the files in question:

> Results
> =======
> - files
> 	- EXTRA_FILE
> 		- js/_Old_fileactions.js

> Raw output
> ==========
> Array
> (
>     [files] => Array
>         (
>             [EXTRA_FILE] => Array
>                 (
>                     [js/_Old_fileactions.js] => Array
>                         (
>                             [expected] => 
>                             [current] => 
>                         )

>                 )

>         )

> )

Doesn’t appear to be anything obviously wrong between files except that this file is extra. I’m done some research from ownCloud/Nextcloud and the consensus seems to be that in order to upgrade Nextcloud the the Nextcloud folder needs to be owned by www-data:www-data and that extra files can be simply removed. Still digging more I see in the Nextcloud docs (https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/admin_manual/issues/code_signing.html) reference to extra files saying the following:

EXTRA_FILE
The file does not exist in signature.json. This usually happens when a file has been removed and signature.json has not been updated. It also happens if you have placed additional files in your Nextcloud installation folder.

But no instruction is give on that page to say what to do. Selecting rescan from my Nextcloud doesn’t fix the problem either. I doesn’t appear to be a big problem but I would like to remove the message. What are the proper steps to fix this error?

Thank you.

Following up on this error. What is the proper process when extra files are found after an upgrade. Is it safe for me to remove this extra file found on my server?

Thank you.