Nextcloud Talk for Android v2.0.0beta5 is out!

Hi, actually yes, I tried just after seeing your answer, sorry I didnā€™t test it before, with mention works fine, the only thing is happening was mentioned in this post before regarding that the notification goes to video chat instead of the text chat.
Cheers

This will be fixed in beta4.

Now, the Chat works in the app.

But I donā€™t recieve any notifications on my xiaomi smartphone. I gave it all permissions, autorun and disabled battery saver.

Version is 1.2 Beta 3.

What can I do? I would really like to use the Chat, but without notifications, that wont work for me.

Mario says push notification in beta4

Honestly, this is a Xiaomi problem. Look up on the internet how to enable this to work. Xiaomi, Huawei and a few other phones are really really broken.

Push in general works (you should receive it) but itā€™s not handled properly when you click on it.

Dos you enable the notifications for this app?
Go to the app info and check the notifications or ā€œCustom notificationsā€ section.

In addition, for chat, you only get notified when mentioned, not on every messge (for now).

1 Like

I know the Xiaomi Issues with its security App. But you can disable it. Thats not the problem.

But, what does mention mean? Has somebody to type in my name?

I wanted to use Talk instead of Google Hangouts. The XMPP Chat is no solution. Talk seems to be very near to the perfect solution, if i could get a notification for every new message at desktop AND mobile, would be nice to be able to send pictures.

Somebody has to type say ā€œ@sotanā€. Notifications on every message will come in the future.

Okay, this works. Thanks. So I will wait a few Updates to use Talk in Business.

If this is for business, you can always contact our sales department to speed up the development.

2 Likes

Due to lots of changes, the next release will be called v.2.0.0, thatā€™s why Iā€™ve just released 2.0.0beta4 with lots of fixes and improvements to push notifications!

Just called my mobile from my laptop and push worked well, notification after mentioning the name worked as well, thanks a lot for the newest beta!

(Now hoping that chat soon will be working as other chat apps with notifications for every message - at least optionalā€¦)

1 Like

Hi @mario
Updated beta4

If mentioned works the push notification, Good job
I also see a call notification only open a new conversation without write anything, without call.
The app crash if I write something in a chat , go back to the chat list, and pres the three dots for erase the conversation or enter to other conversation. The app is frozen and crash. After crash open again and all works
If someone start a chat to me, I recibe the notification, open talk, and donā€™t refresh the list of chats, the app crash, after crash all fine, the new conversation are there

Also, if I enter to one chat an go back to the main list also crash

Try beta5.

Hi @mario
Better, I think all works fine :+1::+1:

Just one little think, If someone from web interface click on my name, donā€™t write, donā€™t call, I receive a push notification as Iā€™m invited to join a call

Good job

Server side app issue. The text will soon be changed to ā€œconversationā€ in this instance, which will be correct.

perfect

One of my friends use a iphone, he says therā€™re no beta for them itā€™s that true ??

Indeed, thatā€™s true.

he waits anxiously :sweat_smile:
have any idea about when the iphone can try the app ?