Nextcloud Talk Disable Public Link for only certain users and groups

I’m currently trying to disable public links in nextcloud talk for a group of users. I opened up a bug a couple weeks ago thinking it was an issue of not using the global options. I was wrong in my thinking, and I received a reply stating this feature was added in the new nextcloud talk. I’ve since then upgraded to the latest that is available of the snap install of nextcloud. 18.0.4 with talk 8.0.8. Am I just missing a configuration somewhere? I tried searching the community and github, but i couldn’t find a solution. My personal use case for this is to limit members of the family (the kids) from using the public link function, while allowing other members (friends and older family) to use it in talk. I can see this use case in a business environment as well. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. If you want to see what i posted on github, then lookup issue 3349 under the nextcloud spreed github.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Not sure if I’m allowed to “bump” this or not. Anyone have any ideas. I’ll have to come up with some other solution. I’ve tried a few more times and tried some more google fu. Am I missing something? I want to prevent a subset of users from creating public talk links? Thanks again if anyone can help.

It looks like this feature might have been added in talk version 9. I’ll have to test and report back. Give me a few days to test out, and i’ll report back.