Nextcloud Talk: Connectivity issues with three or more participants

Hello,

we have Nextcloud Talk enabled on our Nextcloud instance since quite some time (at least Nextcloud 13) and configured coturn according to the docs. Since about the beginning, we regularly run into connectivity issues in conferences with three or more participants.

With three participants, itā€™s often that participant ā€˜Bobā€™ sees/hears both other participants ā€˜Aliceā€™ and ā€˜Charlieā€™, but the other two donā€™t see/hear each other, only ā€˜Bobā€™. My gut feeling tells me that this has to do with WebRTC connections and probably with the TURN server, but I donā€™t have much experience here.

Our /etc/turnserver.conf config basicly looks as follows:

fingerprint
lt-cred-mech
use-auth-secret
static-auth-secret=*********
realm=cloud.example.org
total-quota=100
stale-nonce=600
cert=/etc/letsencrypt/live/cloud.example.org/fullchain.pem
pkey=/etc/letsencrypt/live/cloud.example.org/privkey.pem
cipher-list="ECDH+AESGCM:DH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES256:DH+AES256:ECDH+AES128:DH+AES:ECDH+3DES:DH+3DES:RSA+AES:RSA+3DES:!ADH:!AECDH:!MD5"
dh-file=/etc/coturn-dh-2048.pem
syslog
no-stun
no-loopback-peers
no-multicast-peers

We run a local firewall (incoming only) on the machine hosting Nextcloud/coturn and have TCP+UDP ports 3478 open there.

Do others have similar issues or ideas how to fix them? Iā€™d appreciate any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I definitely have the same issues but no idea how to fix them. So Iā€™ll bump your thread and add my /etc/turnserver.conf:

listening-port=3478
fingerprint
use-auth-secret
static-auth-secret=***
realm=***
total-quota=100
bps-capacity=0
stale-nonce=600
cert=/etc/letsencrypt/live/***/fullchain.pem
pkey=/etc/letsencrypt/live/***/privkey.pem
cipher-list="ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384"
syslog
no-multicast-peers