Nextcloud stopped working with General error: 14 unable to open database file

Hi,

My unraid installation has been working great using a vpn tunnel with cloudflare but yesterday stopped working. the error log is below and I cannot access the webui (remotely or locally) “Internal Server Error”

can anyone please point me in the direction to resolve this issue? many thanks :slight_smile:

Next OC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 14 unable to open database file in /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/Exceptions/DbalException.php:71
Stack trace:
#0 /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(295): OC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException::wrap()
#1 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(1246): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->executeQuery()
#2 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(264): OC\AppConfig->loadConfig()
#3 /app/www/public/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(736): OC\AppConfig->searchValues()
#4 /app/www/public/lib/private/Server.php(694): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#5 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(175): OC\Server->OC{closure}()
#6 /app/www/public/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}()
#7 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(142): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#8 /app/www/public/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(173): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#9 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(64): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#10 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(197): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#11 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(175): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}()
#12 /app/www/public/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}()
#13 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(142): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#14 /app/www/public/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(173): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#15 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(64): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#16 /app/www/public/lib/private/Server.php(1094): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#17 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(175): OC\Server->OC{closure}()
#18 /app/www/public/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}()
#19 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(142): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#20 /app/www/public/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(173): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#21 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(64): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#22 /app/www/public/lib/private/Files/View.php(110): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#23 /app/www/public/lib/private/Server.php(482): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#24 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(175): OC\Server->OC{closure}()
#25 /app/www/public/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility{closure}()
#26 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(142): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#27 /app/www/public/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(173): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#28 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(64): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#29 /app/www/public/lib/private/Server.php(1445): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#30 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(641): OC\Server->boot()
#31 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(1181): OC::init()
#32 /app/www/public/cron.php(58): require_once(‘…’)
#33 {main}

Unfortunately you’ve ignored the support template and didn’t provide any information about your environment and setup, therefore only a general advise can be given.
Please use your preferred search service and search for the given error message. You will find information that e.g. the used database file cannot be opened and what you need to do to get it fixed:

Hi, apologies, it was not intentional to ignore the support template and I had already searched for the error I had before posting but I feel my position was unlike all the results I could find which all seem to be regarding initial installs/setups whereas my issue started last night whilst I was uploading a couple of files to Nextcloud and it failed. My installation has not changed, I use unraid dockers for Nextcloud & MariaDB so cannot see how it can be permissions/installation related?