Nextcloud + RPi + NAS

Hello,

Nextcloud is running on a RPi and I would like to write on my Synology NAS, the directories and files for administrator and users. How configuring Nextcloud ?

Regards

I would suggest you use your Raspberry Pi as a “protoyping” Nextcloud server. It’s a place where you play around and try new things in Nextcloud. If you accidentally cause problems there, no big worries. Maybe take a full-imaging backup of the MicroSD card once in a while, so you can roll back if necessary.

Then on your Synology, create a Virtual Machine, with some Linux Distro inside it such as Ubuntu or Debian. Install Nextcloud there, again. That’s your “good copy” Nextcloud, and you don’t play with experimental things there before trying them out on your Raspberry Pi first. That one (in the Synology) you want to be more “conservative” on.

Is the Raspberry Pi hooked up to the Synology? No. But is it still useful to you? Yes.

Hello,

I would like to have the Nextcloud serveur on the RPi and the users data files on my Synology NAS. I mounted on /mnt of the RPi, the common repository but Nextcloud refused it (brslt reason).

Why ?

Regards