Nextcloud reporting PHP 7.4.3 when 8.0 is installed

Hello,
I have the HanssonIT Nextcloud VM 23.0.3. It is the current version as of today. I would like to use the Passwords app on it.

The problem is that after installing the Passwords app, it tells me that I am using the legacy support release version of the app. As far as I can tell, this is because of the version of PHP installed. The VM comes with PHP 7.4 installed and the Passwords app requires version 8.0.

I upgraded PHP to version 8.0. However, the Passwords app still only installs the LSR version. I also can see that in the Nextcloud Administration Settings area, it reports PHP 7.4.3 as installed, not version 8.0.

When I run php -v I see version 8.0 as installed. As far as I can tell, my PHP modules are version 8.0. If I try to disable PHP 7.4 for apache, it says it’s already disabled. If I try to enable PHP 8.0 in apache 2, it says it’s already enabled. In the webmin console, there is a php.ini configuration file for php 8.0 for the mod_php and there is a php.ini configuration file for both php 7.4 and 8.0 for command-line scripts.

I am pretty new to this. Is there something I’m overlooking?

Did I miss a step somewhere that prevents PHP 8.0 from being the active version?