Nextcloud on ncp down with Redis and HPB down after automatic update

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 23.0.6.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian Buster with Armbian Linux \l . 4.14.133-odroidxu4 (armv7l)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:
Hello all,
last week my ncp was automatically updated and then nextcloud not longer running. I don’t know how to continue

Nextcloudpi is running on an odroid hc2

I have Updated Nextcloudpi version, even as the linux version on the odroid in mean time…

Any Ideas what the issue could be?

See Ncp diagnostivs beyond…

details>

NextCloudPi diagnostics

NextCloudPi version  v1.50.0
NextCloudPi image    NextCloudPi_08-02-19
OS                   Debian Buster with Armbian Linux \l . 4.14.133-odroidxu4 (armv7l)
automount            yes
USB devices          sda
datadir              /media/USBdrive/ncdata
data in SD           no
data filesystem      btrfs
data disk usage      1.3T/5.5T
rootfs usage         5.1G/7.0G
swapfile             /var/swap
dbdir                /media/USBdrive/ncdatabase
Nextcloud check      error
HTTPD service        up
PHP service          up
MariaDB service      up
Redis service        down
HPB service          down
Postfix service      up
Internet check       ok
public IP            ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
public IP            ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
Port check 80        closed
Port check 443       closed
IP                   ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
Gateway              192.168.188.1
Interface            enx001e0636814e
certificates         ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
NAT loopback         no
Uptime               12min

Nextcloud configuration

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
RedisException: No such file or directory in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php:137
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php(137): Redis->pconnect()
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php(178): OC\RedisFactory->create()
#2 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php(43): OC\RedisFactory->getInstance()
#3 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Factory.php(118): OC\Memcache\Redis->__construct()
#4 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1106): OC\Memcache\Factory->createLocking()
#5 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#6 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#7 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#8 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#9 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#10 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2082): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#11 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(122): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#12 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(454): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#13 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#14 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#15 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#16 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#17 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#18 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1445): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#19 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(602): OC\Server->boot()
#20 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1104): OC::init()
#21 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(48): require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
#22 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
#23 {main}

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

your 2nd log line states

RedisException: No such file or directory in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/RedisFactory.php:137

your config states

Redis service        down

Start Redis service

Thanks @Vincent_Stans!

I tried to restart redis, but didnt help. At the moment my assumption is, that I have a problem with data capacity. But both Memory card and server drive have space left…

Hi,

What’s the output of sudo cat /var/log/redis/redis-server.log?

Hello @theCalcaholic

it is the following: cat: /var/log/redis/redis-server.log: No such file or directory

checked it via midnight commander. Folder is empty…

I did some more investigation. The problem seems to be, that the /var/log filesystem (in my case /dev/zram0) is full (49/49 MB). This even does fit to some error messages like “log can not be written”

Unfortunately my knowlege is to small to solve this issue. Can anyone help me solving this problem?

you could resize the zram to allow more space.
or
mount /var/log to a other location.
or
disable logging all together

I don’t own a RPi so I don’t know how you setup yours zram is not mandatory.

RECOMMENDED READS:
(source: raspberry pi debian mount /var zram0 at DuckDuckGo)
(source: raspberry pi debian resize zram0 at DuckDuckGo)

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/blockdev/zram.txt