Nextcloud not working outside local network after ISP reset IP

Hi there,

Last week my ISP had a major outage and when my internet came back up I was assigned a new IP address. I switched the few apps I have to the new IP but have found that some of them fail. Despite having the correct ports forwarded and dialing the new IP address, nextcloud won’t sync to my server. Other apps fail while some still work. Ive tried updating the apps with no success, but I’m at a loss at this point. Here is the errror log I’ve been getting:

Exception: {"Message":"HTTP\/1.1 415 Unsupported Media Type","Exception":"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\ReportNotSupported","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin->httpReport(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#1 \/usr\/pbi\/nextcloud-amd64\/www\/nextcloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/pbi\/nextcloud-amd64\/www\/nextcloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(459): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit('method:REPORT', Array)\n#3 \/usr\/pbi\/nextcloud-amd64\/www\/nextcloud\/3rdparty\/sabr

Thanks for the help

With dynamic IPs, you want to use dynamic DNS services, so you keep a static hostname and don’t need to modify the clients…

The webinterface works on different clients?

Yes, I can connect to my ip camera system, SABNZB, but not Plex. I can connect to nextcloud from outside the network, but my nextcloud app refuses to upload anything. It gives me the error I posted.

Thank you for your reply. I have considered a DNS service before, but if I remember right there is a fee. I guess a never thought I would be running this much stuff.