Nextcloud Mail and Proton Mail?

Can Proton Mail be used with the Nextcloud Mail App??

Great that this forum has a search function which can be used by every user to find answers on questions :wink:

Yes it can. I have successfully set it up pretty easily.

You must install, run and login to Protonmail Bridge app in the same box as your Nextcloud instance, then configure Mail server manually in NC using:

IMAP Host: 127.0.0.1
IMAP Security: None
IMAP Port: 1143 (or whatever your ProtonMail Bridge config says)
SMTP Host: 127.0.0.1
SMTP Security: None
SMTP Port: 1025 (or whatever your ProtonMail Bridge config says)

Be sure to use the use your PM user and password indicated on the ProtonMail Bridge app interface, not your real account password.

Hope this helps.

This seems good. It’s working with Outlook. But with the NextCloud mail app I am getting an error: Unexpected error during account creation. Wonder if it cuz I’m using it already with Outlook?

It could be that mail bridge does not work with both outlook and nextcloud at same time.

Hi @j-ed, @DonDowner

would you mind updating the link? It seems to be expired or changed.
I would be happy to read a working walk-through for Nextcloud and proton mail bridge integration for the mail app of Nextcloud.
Thank you and wish you a good start for the next week.

1 Like

From Proton Mail’s offering of “Unlimited Messages” at Proton plans explained: Proton Free, Proton Mail Plus, Proton Unlimited, Proton Family, and Proton Visionary (legacy users only) | Proton

*Subject to Proton Mail’s Terms and Conditions(new window). Legitimate emails are unlimited. Proton Mail cannot be used for mass emailing or spam. If you send spam, your account will be subject to review and termination. Please note that 10 recipients (any email address added to TO, CC, or BCC) within a message count as 10 unique messages.

Has Proton Mail contacted anyone with Nextcloud installations of ~ 100 users re: their messaging policy?