Nextcloud looses my old versions

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 16.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Ubuntu Linux 18.04.1 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache version 2.4.29
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.1 FPM

The issue you are facing:

Hi

Some files don’t have a versions history anymore. I don’t know why and i dont know when it begun. So if i open a file then i can see multiple changes in the activity tab. But when i click on versions, there aren’t any versions.

This is the same for many hundreds of files.
If i create a new file and change its content, then i also get a versions history. So the mechanism isnt broken at all.

Today i updated From NC14xx to 15.0.8 to 16.0.1. But the problem still exists.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

No informations about versioning in the log. No log entry at all during at accessing the versions.

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

No log entry during access of the versions tab

Hope someone could give me some hints.

Thanks

Ok i found the problem.

There are no .vxxxxx Files in the Files_versions folder inside of the users directory.
Must be a problem during some server migration!

You have to check others things too :
Do you still have a lot of space left on your data drive ?
The default behavior of the version app is to delete old versions when space became low. It can delete all versions if you are really low.
You have to verify your config.php inside you can add a retention policy for the versionning app. You can tell how long the versions will be maintained and when they will start to vanish.
Look at the nextcloud documentation about tweaking versionning app and deleted file